Direct distillation of Trim or Trim to BHO to Distillate?

This is a question out of curiosity but is it better practice to take a quantity of trim, run that through crude butane extraction and then to distillation or is it better to distill trim directly?

The same question could be asked of buds too but I get the impression no one is distilling flower from the responses I got in my last thread.

Have you read Thoughts on distillation directly from plant material. ?

1 Like

Shit can you delete the thread cyclo - i did a poor due diligence

I’ll thread through that thing and get my answer. I’ll post any follow up questions I guess - trying to make the thread relevant!

Lots of folks running flower to distillate. More correctly “whole plant”. Folks doing it at scale are most often using ethanol as the primary extraction solvent. Although hexane also has a decent following.

Might make sense to attempt direct distillation on bubble hash.

1 Like

Yeah but by the looks of things it’s tedious and rife with issues. It would be cleaner and more efficient to conduct extraction first and then distillation. Less variables to control for someone who’s home crafting. Legendary!

2 Likes

That is definitely the consensus approach…but thinking outside the box should be encouraged…and while expert advise is great, “That will never work” should be treated as a challenge at least every now and then if you really want to contribute.

5 Likes