Did you just say AUTO FARMER?

lol, even cheaper and easier in that case. Nice find!

Looks like two sandwiched together looking more closely? Seems a bit inefficient

1 Like

Allā€™s I know is that the hardware aspect of it seems pretty versatile and customizable as well being cheap and relatively simple.
The controls and software is what brings her to life!

1 Like

Thats wrong though. You absolutely need precision.

That sounds like it will break frequently. Imagine how angry a legal wook labmaster that set your machine up at the last minute and now needs you to send them a new plastic piece to replace the broken one.

As long as it has quality to it (legal cannabis AND delta 8 people proof) Ill help you sell it, just like the Rocky Mountain people. In seeing your other creations, Iā€™m sure you can handle it. Just remember that there is a LOT of bullshit in business, and youā€™ll have to be on point with your second phone.

But donā€™t go making the farmer itself.

5 Likes

Definitely interested

What size cbeam actuator bundle is he using? It looks like two different sizes.

when I say precision I mean like microstepping, adjustable in thousandths of an inch of depth. The rocky mountain one uses a $20 motor as is

sintered nylon, especially with glass reinforcement, is pretty strong. @pangea pointed out that it already has the laser cut bracket on the pre-fab assembly they based their design around though

wouldnā€™t dream of it

2 Likes

Iā€™d guess 500mm for the plunger control, and 1000mm for the height adjustment.

Iā€™m not sure about the controller and software. Open Builds has free software, but their controller is 200 bones, not sure if they have something simpler or what direction to go with that.

I want to point out that you probably need a stepper, stepper driver, frequency/speed controller, and also an encoder to run it closed loop. Or a limit switch arrangement of some sort, which would be pretty annoying to adjust. Iā€™d ballpark around $500 for a neat little setup for that. I agree with all the other statements, but like the OG farmer just because you can shave some bucks rolling your own, itā€™s within the range of ā€œIā€™d rather just write the checkā€.

4 Likes

I was thinking 250/500, doesnā€™t look like itā€™s a meter tall

1 Like

Yeah thats too obvious! I was focused on the 6" travel distance for the 250 and thought that wasnt enough

1 Like

looking closely again, I think itā€™s a single linear actuator on a gantry to adjust height

1 Like

Did you see the one that the healing alchemist made using a cart farmer? How much is he charging for his?

https://kissfillingmachine.com/

his is even simpler mechanically

1 Like

He left the handle on it in case you want to go acapella

5 Likes

Hey guys itā€™s Ryan from rocky mountain. Thanks for checking it out. Price wises itā€™s set at 3400 due to 1700 in parts then we just doubled it. Itā€™s been our price structure for 3 years now. Seems to keep us in business on the bottling side. As far as parts, yes we mostly use open builds lots of companies are switching to themā€¦itā€™s the best out there. We even use them on our custom fiber lasers where the kerf is around .0005".

As far as controls thatā€™s what your paying for. Itā€™s mostly automation direct, digikey, McMaster. We donā€™t go cheap on stepper drives or power components. That just makes issues we donā€™t want to deal with as then your fixing stuff or waiting for cool downs.

However yā€™all are right we do use a mega, teensy and two pis to run the software itā€™s a software we built around 7 years ago itā€™s the only patented part on this build. Itā€™s alot of small boards but we have other machines that need the processing power. Itā€™s been the work horse in our machines for years now. The only time we donā€™t use it is if a customer request every control to be ul listed then we use automation direct plcs.

So if you do want to build one I would recommend open builds parts for sure the design works great and simple. Parts are cheap and easy to replace. Ran another 10k cycles today on two syringes to test the design.

For the price your mostly paying for everything in the cabinet.
How ever this is the final version. ā€¦https://www.instagram.com/reel/CMUuUUijVLf/?igshid=qlhkd6jn45v6

It can use all cart farms tech for heating and syringes. Why remake something that works right.

All we have left to test on this build is heating if you donā€™t use cart farms setup. However we recommend cart farms as itā€™s already proven.

Our heating setup will be an option as alot of our customers will fill cold water/chemical based products. Or a customer that want the readouts mounted to the cabinet. We will use automation directs controller itā€™s 34.00 @ cost x4 some wire extension, heat shrink, bulk head fittings into a cabinet and the heat pad and to top the cake ul listed breakers for each pad. It will be cheaper using cart farms heat for sure.

Thanks for checking it out!

13 Likes

Hey guys, this is available now. I was originally gonna drop this with a big flourish, but itā€™s school season and Iā€™m a try-hard parent lol

Our maximum effective speed was 3800 carts in an hour. Typical speeds are 2500-3000. There is no more operator fatigue at the 8000 cartridge mark, and precision has increased. You will have to irreversibly modify the farmer, snapping off the handle and removing the grips.

Setup time is about two hours if you are me, or 45 minute if you are the typical lab genius you hear tell about in these parts.

No, we will not sell you two farmers. Its a farmer drought, please utilize splitters

I canā€™t figure out video uploads, so youā€™ll have to just deal with the first post insta link.

15 Likes

Fuck yeah, all the way around!!!

1 Like

Would love to see a race from empty carts and a jar of oil to finished and stickered packages.

Iā€™m no filling/packaging expert, but it seems like prepping and stickering boxes while the machine does the filling automatically would be faster, but Iā€™m probably wrong.

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSsZioBrktk/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSsZioBrktk/

5 Likes

ill definitely be getting one. @cart.farm have you had any luck using a single res and dual syringes?

probably get rockymountain to make my girls a pop up table too

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ3vNbPDyeb/

4 Likes