Diatomaceous Earth from USALAB/Acehardware/Lowe's/Etc

That’s intense

1 Like

There are DE pool filters. I bet you can find bulk for fairly cheap

" What is the difference between food chemical codex grade (food grade) and pool grade DE?

The difference here lies in the way that each type of DE is treated. Pool Grade DE is calcined, meaning that is treated with very high heat. This turns the silicon dioxide that is present in the DE into crystalline silica. Pool Grade diatomaceous earth, and most other calcined DE products, contain high concentrations of crystalline silica. In fact, some can range from 60 – 70% crystalline silica.

Crystalline silica is very dangerous and can be harmful to the health of humans and animals. For this reason, Pool Grade diatomaceous earth should NOT be used for any purpose other than filtration.

Most Food Chemical Codex Grade (Food Grade) diatomaceous earth products, on the other hand, are not calcined and are composed largely of amorphous silica. Food Chemical Codex Grade (Food Grade) DE products contain less than 1% crystalline silica and can be used in animal feed and for insect control. Food Grade diatomaceous earth, such as Red Lake Earth, unlike pool grade DE, is safe to be used around humans and animals."

SOURCE:

1 Like

You can get a 50 pound bag of celite 545 ( high quality DE) from proof33.com for 90 a bag plus shipping

This is the stuff I always use

3 Likes

well damn - I’ll have to grab that next time! Thanks bro

This is earth pulled sodium based de from salt beds. This isn’t that high quality but can be used of desired. High purity or lab de is a bit different. You can tell with it’s color snf composition.

Anyone ever seen this stuff??

Not for lab use.

Deleted

I use this stuff and it works pretty well

2 Likes