Denatured Ethanol with n-heptane

Thank you for sharing that. Though it is the most scientific sounding argument for drinking mineralized water ive yet seen, note that each possible negative has a cofactor which basically stands on its own. The pure water itself does not cause the potential issues.

Intake of toxic metals. Yes you shouldnt expose your purified water to toxic metals.

Leached nutrients from boiling in purified water. Yes if you boil food in any water you should drink the broth as that process always leaches nutrients.

Low intake of essential elements. You should always take in sufficient essential elements! Duh!

Little or no cal/mag intake from water. Yes thats the point those minerals should come in chelated form theu your diet. Not the dirt rock and pipes that bring your drinking water to you.

Direct effects on intestine, homeostasis, etc. Yes exactly once your high load contaminants are flushed your body will recalibrate to proper hydration and mineral content.
And gut flora changes dramatically! You are composed of more cells of foreign organisms than your own. This is a tremendously understated benefit. Do you think that the microorganisms that have evolved to do well in a polluted environment benefit you more than the ones adapted to cleaner ecosystems?

I dont benefit in any way by persuading you. But industrial pharma/ag/healthcare industries certainly benefit from keeping you as a customer. Think!!!

1 Like

Imo it is a bunch of BS that started with people trying to sell expensive water alkalizers and has now entered into the post-hoc stage of trying to come up with reasons to justify it. You will get 100x the minerals eating a salad you will from drinking any quantity of water. It’s water. No need to fear.

2 Likes

but the subject line says it’s denatured ethanol with heptane :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Way late to this Cyclopath, but can’t you go from 190 → 200 proof with fractional distillation?

you can get to 196 proof. I believe 200proof requires other tricks.

I was just wondering which of those tricks had been used that qualified as “USDA organic”.

1 Like

USDA organic is a supply chain cert you pay for at times. Any 200 proof ethyl alcohol is considered if it’s pure a organic chemical. Ethyl alcohol molecule is organic

So is benzene if we are playing that way. Which is NOT what “USDA organic“ certification is about…

Supply chain on your feedstock gets you to 196.

The magic that happens after that ought should suffer the same scrutiny.

Pretty sure not all methods for getting to 200 qualify. Curious which ones do…

Fine with you not knowing either, but we both know “ethanol is organic” is a bullshit response.

It s funny that without having met or knowing someone
One creates a certain respect and trust
For another
Whenever you say something
I believe it almost immediately
And in my head I hear the deep voice
Of a wise man when reading your posts
:grinning::pray::fist_left:

6 Likes

Tell me about it. What’s funny is when i meet someone from the forum and they’re nothing like the image/voice i had in my head

6 Likes

Likewise dude, except I read yours in accent Belge.

The European hash wizard

4 Likes

Drinking RO/DI water will destroy your teeth over the long haul. Water is an excellent solvent when its not full of ions. I once had a guy on night shift replace a 3kw Quartz heater with a titanium one, cause that’s what we had in stock. I got the call from the fire department that night as the PolyPro process tank it was installed in started on fire. Didn’t take 2 hours for the hot DI water to dissolve the titanium and expose the live heater.

Interesting story. How do you suppose Ti was dissolved since its not water soluble? Any evidence to your tooth claim or was that just pulled out your ass?

Ti ions are highly soluble in pure water, as are most metals. If you have true pure water (measuring 18Mohm resistivity), it will essentially dissolve metal components until equilibrium is established.
I recently built a air/water heat exchange system where the water was used as an insulator in a plasma reactor. The resistance was critical to the plasma not shorting out to gnd. The total circuit was less than 20 feet in length, but had numerous metal components (valves, manifolds, sensors, heat exchangers, etc.) It left our DI system at 18Mohm, returned around 1.8 Mohm). The drop in resistivity drop is the direct result of copper, zinc, aluminum, and other metal ions in solution,as clearly demonstrated by ICP-MS analysis. So, yes, Ti ions are absolutely soluble in pure water. As far as the teeth, not out of my arse and I am certain very little research is required to validate my claim. Teeth are largely calcium, phophorus, Ca10(PO4)6·2(OH) 1 and highly soluble in pure water as everyone that owns a well knows full well (no pun intended).

1 Like

Is your goal to learn and understand more about what extractmac is saying, or to have a “gotcha” moment?

“Any evidence to your tooth claim or was that just pulled out your ass?” Let me fix that for ya: I have not heard anything to suggest RO/DI have a negative effect on teeth. Do you have any sources you can link?

2 Likes

I spent a few minutes seaching the web for a source to back his claims. Could find none. Did find this:

Admittedly I dont know everything. My skepticism is however warranted. And I turn a phrase however I want thanks.

1 Like

Where in that article is your supporting evidence?

Im well aware(pun intended) owning several and having used commercial ro. I also noticed my health improve over the many years of drinking ro. Then after several years of drinking bottled water see it reverse. And though ive used a distiller for only the last year ive again seen improvement. The qty and purity of water required to dissolve teeth in the mouths environment is basically unreachable. Much is already in solution before water reaches teeth. There is significant evidence of the benefits and scant and even blatantly fraudulent arguements against. Sometimes its not what you dont know, but what you think you know that just aint so​:grin::poop:

Thoughts on RO vs Distilled water?

Ro is cheaper but less pure with higher gradient changes within filter life intervals. Ro is the water you get from fruits/veggies. Distillation is gods plan.

check these two out instead: you’re asking for that tax money back

edit: three… https://www.ttb.gov/scientific-services-division/drawback-tutorial

2 Likes

If you are still looking for Food Grade Ethanol denatured with n-heptane 95/5 message me with quantity and I will give you our best price. We work with a dozen ethanol plants direct.