Delta Separations CUP

longer dwell is to compensate for the increasing saturation level of cannabinoids in the ethanol on subsequent passes over biomass.

if you haven’t read them already, I recommend

Ethanol Saturation
Bucket Tek (Cold Ethanol Extraction on a Budget)

5 Likes

What sort of chiller would you recommend for the North Star small unit to chill alcohol to -40c? Or would you recommend running the extraction at room temp and winterizing afterwards?

60lbs an hour bucket tec? that’s impressive! any interest in sharing your methods?

10lb in each batch. Soak 30lb total in same batch of ethanol. Takes 10mins to spin 10lb. So every 10 mins should be 10 lb if you’re efficient. I started doing a second wash so Im doing 30lb/hr these days.

1 Like

The efficiency comes with timing. You need to time your spins, bag fills, soak times, and chilling solvent time. Soak times and spin times are set/forget for 10 mins. During this time is when you should be filling bags and chilling your solvent.

3 Likes

TWhat is the avarage price of a liter ethanol
?
For blasting as Well as for etho extractions i might loose 3 %
Of butane in blasting and probably 1 % with etho extractions because i find that the last iny mini miny bit Isn t worth the time iT takes to recover

Do you have a link to your filter?

Is the CUP 30 rated for hexane or acetone if you were looking to shoot for lower BP on the recovery?

1 Like

@DeltaSeparationsNate,@DeltaSeparationsMike,@DeltaSeparationsChun

2 Likes

Did you ever make bags for the panda dry spinner by chance?

Is the lenticular filter included in the CUP15 package? Or is it an add-on?

Should be an add-on…

The lenticular filter is an add-on (or at least it was when we purchased a unit), and I would highly suggest avoiding it. Waste of time, money, and product. Bad design leaves behind a gallon (unfiltered), and forces you to either collect it until you have enough to run through the machine again (knowing you will once again leave behind a gallon), discard a gallon of tincture, or force you to build out another type of filtration unit. If you have to build out a filter anyway, why waste money on something that will cost over $300 per filter with no way of really being able to clean them.

I could go on, but I think the point has been made…

8 Likes

Would you guys choose multiple CUP’s or something like what higestzen is doing?

I would rather order a way cheaper one from one of the sources shown in a couple threads, I think it was something like 5-6 k for a jacketed 25kg with ul motor

1 Like

We use Deltas CUP15 with add-on lenticular for winterized and carbon scrub filter. True, it does require extra ethanol to flush at the end, but when we’re making 90 gallons of tincture (6x15 gallon kegs) an extra 5 doesn’t greatly effect our solvent recovery time. The filters also shed fibers and carbon. We send the winterized and scrubbed tincture through Summits Hochstoms before RotoVape (3x50L). However, the filtering of those 6 kegs at each stage takes 45 minutes total.

How much positive pressure can the lenticular filter housing hold, just curious?

1 Like

The housing says 0.6 MPa. We try to keep it under 20 psi. 12-15 psi seems to work well.

1 Like

Hi Champone - you can give me a call to discuss (503) 250-4881

1 Like

We’ve realized that yes, the lenticular cartridges shed fibers, but the Stage 3 Summit filters do, too.
We’ve started to put a Stage 2 filter under the Stage 3 filter to catch what we can.
If Summit tells me we’re pulling to hard a vacuum, I’m gonna laugh then cry!