Delta Separations CUP

The Pinnacle one spins at 900rpm and is UL listed.

6 Likes

Very pretty!!! Zach makes cool stuff.

whats that running?

$20k?

1 Like

explosionproofcentrifuge NSEP.pdf (227.0 KB)

2 Likes

Future just posted it here. I remember getting s quote like that over the phone. I don’t have it in writing, so it would need to be confirmed by them.

Did anyone have price info for these beasts?

Thanks Doc!

That looks almost identical to the explosion proof Bocks I’ve looked at. Makes sense. It should be essentially the same creature.

Anyone think the 755 will come in under $55k? I’ve repeatedly seen (used) Bocks at about $15k in that size. How about the little one? $35k?

The FP-35 doesn’t look as useful for solvent recovery, or extraction. looks great if you need to disorient lettuce on an industrial scale.

Edit: I’ve emailed sales at NSEP, will report back with prices.

Edit: Just got off the phone with North Star. They have definitely seen a spike in inquiries. My price guesstimates weren’t bad. Ballpark is $39k for the big one, $36k for the medium, and $31k for the “little” one (3x CUP 15). Lead times are going to be a little problematic, if you’re serious, I recommend getting in line now. They are a little wary about our industry, so feel free not to tell them what your up to, or use “hemp” :slight_smile:

I did suggest they owe me a beer if you guys order a dozen of these things in the next couple of weeks.

3 Likes

I’ve been using a CUP15 for a few months now.

It is awesome. I am just a technician- did not participate in choosing this system. I was not impressed that with the 60k price tag there is no manual shipped, but maybe that’s my expectations from other industry’s labs. The filter included is weird, a lot of material is trapped but easy enough to clean out. Not sure how effective the filter is at removing the fats- we usually do a few runs through a bottle filter too. I have considered ordering a 3M product called “Delipid” filter that looks like it fits on the supplied filter system.

5 Likes

what temp are you running your solvent?
agitating or spray wash?

making crude for distillate, or something else?

Just confirmed the centrifuge from Pinnacle is $20k

3 Likes

That’s a steep price drop from others for sure. Hope he can get his production to keep up with his demand.

You can pair this machine with one of our filter presses to make a complete inline system with Pinnacle’s Rising film evaporator. The filter will prevent small particles making it through to the evaporator which hinders performance.

1 Like

Thanks for keeping the group informed future!

I’ll be here posting now so any questions feel free to let me know.

Our material dryer is different than how a delta machine is built.

The delta is used in more than one aspect regarding processing. Their machine is amazing quality and it shows.

Our material dryer is a bit more basic while still retaining UL Listing and having quality components.

• Zach
5 Likes

What is the diameter of the basket? Also how much does the thing weigh and how much material can it spin. What are the recovery rates and time?

1 Like

If you use the reply arrow directly under the post you are referring to, it will pop up in that users notifications. Or use @PinnacleStainless to tag them

1 Like

I’m also waiting to hear back re: pricing. I found a used one on ebay for 12k https://www.ebay.com/itm/EXPLOSION-PROOF-CENTRIFUGE-STAINLESS-NORTH-STAR-ENGINEERED-PRODUCTS-MODEL-755-/222894276306

After learning where NSEP are targeting their explosion proof models (spinning jet fuel/oil spills out of absorbent pads), I’m not so sure I’d want to deal with a used model.

Given that Bock was in the laundry business, I was assuming removal of drycleaning solvents eg carbon-tetrachloride or more modern equivalents (not really much better).

I’ve called and emailed NSEP, they’re a little slow on their response…wonder if they’ve had a dozen calls in the last 24hrs just in response to this thread?

Edit: see above or Washing Machine "Salad Spinner" tek - #70 by cyclopath for ballpark pricing on the NSEP 55 series.

1 Like

Good call. Any insight on this one?

sounds like the right thing.

“Centrifugal Extractor”, made by “Humbolt”… :slight_smile:

but it looks way too small for solvent recovery or actual extraction to me.

based on the other items listed on that page, it doesn’t appear they are targeting our industry.