Delta Separations CUP

Hi Champone - you can give me a call to discuss (503) 250-4881

1 Like

We’ve realized that yes, the lenticular cartridges shed fibers, but the Stage 3 Summit filters do, too.
We’ve started to put a Stage 2 filter under the Stage 3 filter to catch what we can.
If Summit tells me we’re pulling to hard a vacuum, I’m gonna laugh then cry!

We have been running a delta cup 15 for a few months now and I feel like we are pulling out too many undesirables even though we are getting decent distilate yields. We have been doing 3 washes of ~9 pounds each with room temp etoh. Should we be running an agitation cycle at all or just soak for a minute and spin? Also we don’t have an easy way to chill the jacket but could chill our etoh keg to -40 before starting extraction. I had thought the heat gain over proccess time would warm it enough to make the chilling benifets negligible but am curious if anyone else has had any luck doing that or even attempting the dry ice method mentioned earlier in this thread.

Thanks guys, love the community and appreciate any pointers.

How much distillate are you getting from the 27 pounds?

I run a cup 15 chilled to -50. Run the agitation cycle then spin cycle. I run 12 pounds per cycle…

Whats your starting material %

Usually about 4-7% return from flower weight depending on starting tac and how additional passes. We are just dealing with a lot of fat to filter oit first, and are only getting a 60ish % return from crude. I am thinking because we are extracting warm we should limit our agitation cycle greatly. We’ve done as long as 10 minutes agitation and 10 min spin. Even if we get a slightly smaller yield it will probably we worth it not having to deal with the aditional fats and waxes.

do yourself a favor and follow the cannabinoids rather than just % of starting mass.

do you have In House analytics ?

without them you’re essentially flailing around in the dark when you make changes to your extraction protocols.

We have only been running the DC for a few months now. Just started tracking flower and distillate TAC against the rest of the process. We do not have any in house analytics yet, but we are going to sample at different stages going forward to send off for lab testing, will just have a few day turn around. I am just looking for some guidance if anyone else has had luck running their DC warm with good results. Planning a series of different running parameters for the next few weeks

Hey Dikbeard. You might be right about warming up over time. Try checking the temp of your ethanol once you start your second wash. -40 does not stay -40 for a long time. Pulling vacuum on the jacket is better than nothing.

Hey Everyone,

Don’t be afraid to check out our centrifuge. It is not like everyone else that sells a similar looking machine. We have designs and USA fabricated prevention tech that allows our machines to run 24.7. In addition, they all come with C1D2 explosion proof mounted control panels that can be connected to other USA made automation systems. With maintenance teams, replacement parts, engineer peer reviews…we have a full solution for a serious lab at a more affordable price :wink:

PS we have good life gang discounts for the people!

so its not good? everything after the first sentence was negative and I have yet to see a positive side to these CUP30s. Glorified washing machine.

1 Like

What kind of filters do you recommend? I was looking at AMPs particulate filter called the Admiral

i would go no more than 12k on a 6lb extractor

could you take the housing and run nitrogen thru it

Admiral is a bag filter, could work for you but do compare filtration surface area and cost. I do not comment on other filtration equipment. As for Delta’s or any other similar centrifuge extractor, we usually pair with either a 630mm filter trolley or an 800mm trolley. For your application either will work, the 630mm trolley is the most inexpensive unit of its class in the market. You cannot use a filter press inline because you need to winterize first so it defeats the purpose. Also your throughput per batch would not be enough to efficiently run a press. A bag filter will not solve your wax problems because you will be forced to re-winterize in multiple steps; running one batch through three stages of filtration will not remove all waxes. If you re-winterize material filtered down to 1.5 uM in a bag you will find more solids drop as the solubility of solids in your new solution has changed. Something like that anyways, i’m no expert, just my 2 cents…

Check out our website and give us a call, or whatsapp, whatever. We can at least give you my humble opinion.

1 Like

We do not appear to be pulling fats through. Our distillate is just coming out green and throughout the process we are seeing solidified chunks form and inevitably gunk up our distillation equip. Only lowing a couple liters to pass before cleaning and making dark distillate. This is why I am assuming a bag filter with some carbon in the first bag then perhaps a Heyes filter after. Speculating really…

Hey Danny321, sounds like you’re pulling gums into your ethanol extract. What temperature/time are you running for your extractions?

Yeah I think so. Long story about that. Delta Separations sold us their new DC40 chilling unit but despite any agitation, run time, assisted chilling we have no variation in color or gums so I am looking to attach some appropriate filtration afterwards. which is very disappointing.

1 Like

Here’s what I can recommend

1. take temp of ethanol before it touches biomass
  2. take temp of ethanol 2 minutes after it contacts your biomass
  3. take temp of ethanol right before you filter

if any of those values from points 2/3 go above -30 C, you are extracting gums, which makes distillation a nightmare. You know you are pulling gums/sugars if you have any solid gummy material in the container you do your decarboxylation in. Check out the degumming threads on here if you can’t get keep your temps lower. Finding a way to maintain your temperatures is far easier than resorting to degumming.

Ninja-edit: I also don’t know of any filtration that will remove gums. It’s a whole enzymatic process and it’s awful (no offense to the creators)

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you. I have an extra chilling unit that hits -40 that I am attaching today. hopefully that will help. Seems like even after prechilling the unit, the fluid would still only be tops -30 once hitting the material so I can only imagine its leaving the machine way warmer. Hopefully the chiller will help mitigate some of that.

What is it that you are hoping to achieve with LN2? I’m sure one could run it through the housing, but I don’t think it would do much of any good. The filters and housing are not designed, or rated, for those kind if temperatures, and it would most certainly void the warranty. I would also worry about particulate freezing in a weird way that causes pressure to build. Hard to explain unless you have seen one of their filters really dirty (which doesn’t seem to take long).

If you’re just looking to flush the system and leave less behind, one could use clean solvent to heavily dilute the gallon that is left behind, but it comes at a cost of greater solvent to recover with less cannabinoids to pay for the extra energy used. Everything about those filters screams inefficiency.