Delta-8 THC Topicals?

Does anyone have any experience with adding Delta-8 to topicals? I’m working on making some pain relieving topicals with full spectrum CBD, CBG, and terpenes. I want to make the absolute best product possible. I have experienced the difference between topicals with and without Delta-9 THC, so I imagine Delta-8 would work in a similar way, but I’m unsure.

I’ve heard anecdotal evidence for Delta-8 being useful for pain relief, but I’m curious if anybody has tried any in topical form themselves, or know anybody who has.

3 Likes

Nano cbd seems a lot more effective than the isolate as a topical. I have seen nano d8 in edibles, idk if anyone is putting it in a topical.

2 Likes

I’m genuinely curious aswell.

I do know it makes one hell of a tongue topical. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Is this essentially just CBD in a solution that’s been homogenized with a sonicator? I’ve seen the term used to refer to CBD encased in liposomes as well, I’m not very well-versed on what nano CBD means outside of marketing speak.

Anecdotally I’ve gotten much better feedback on full spectrum CBD extracts compared to isolate, which is in line with what I’d assume.

From my limited understanding, it seems that the benefits of nano emulsified CBD seem to lie primarily in edibles/drinks, but I’m also not well versed on the topic.

I made up a round of 5mg/mL nano d8 drink syrup a while back. I’m not sure how much I had on my hand, but I licked it off and hoooweee. Buckle tf up!

4 Likes

From what I have researched, “nano” cannabinoids aka Nano-emulsified has been through a microfluidizer along with yuuca extract. The high pressures in the interaction chamber causes the noids to be dispersed evenly and bind to the carrier fluid. The result is a mixture that has much higher bioavailibility than just the raw noids. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, though.

1 Like

I might end up buying a small amount from a reputable vendor and getting blind feedback on topicals with and without Delta-8. I was going to purchase 20g from Cannaclear until I saw that they had lead in their COA’s, so if anybody has any suggestions for vendors with clean product I’m all ears.

It’s ok if it tests hot as distillate since it’ll be diluted heavily with the carrier, I’m just struggling to find something that’s available in small quantities that isn’t full of mystery goo or heavy metals.

2 Likes

Nano is supposed to be a smaller particle size. Edible anything is not that efficient, nano is only marginally better in absorption. The percentage improvement stat sounds impressive, but the starting point is very low.

A friend of mine was working at a lab and burnt himself. They make all kinds of cbd products, but it was the nano topical that worked on his burns.

1 Like

A quick afternoon knuckle session with some D8 moisturizer would turn it into an afternoon nap.

gm8i1jtiisa61

5 Likes

Wow! That’s really interesting and promising. Do you know any more details on what kind of topical it was, or the process used to make it? I didn’t really know that nano particles were used outside of edibles.

Idk the process, honestly, but you can google “nano cbd roll on” to see a lot of a similar products.

1 Like

This thread has a topical “dabable” crumble.

Are you calling it a “topical” as a result of the lipids and other bs put in there to make it a crumble consistency?

I’m planning on using as high purity distillate as I can get for this if possible

precisely

It’s like Wayne Gretsky always said, “Skate to where the puck is going, not where it has been.”

The market for inhalable topicals is completely untapped.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: I really hope someone doesn’t take these seriously, I honestly laughed when I seen the link got clicked lol

1 Like

I got them rosin fats with olivetol terps hybrid carts

3 Likes

Sounds Fuego haha don’t hate me just a play on words.

1 Like