Decarbing Sauce for Pens/Syringes

Still smells amazing.

1 Like

hell yea. It should work for bho way better than etoh

This is true. Just make sure to use lower temps on your heating mantle. Also have good ventilation with no ignition source. Donā€™t want you going boom.

Definitely! Iā€™m gonna purge it first or run a hose from the top of the reflux condenser to the spark proof fan. so 0C Worked best? being able to use a stir bar during decarb is a huge advantage too

If you set that up i think youā€™ll be golden. I would say the lower you can set the condenser the better results you will have. For ethanol 0 to -1 was working really well but I still had a lot of ethanol left over. You might have to play with Temps, this will be strain specific I assume, but those temps are a good starting point for your condenser. Mine didnā€™t have the ability to use a mag stirrer so it sounds like you are going to be able to complete the decarb even faster!

1 Like

hell yea thanks for the help! this will be a big improvement from decarbing in mason jars :laughing:

Awww man never decarb in Mason jars!! Less surface area for gasses to escape. I always decarb in big Pyrex dishes. Allow the extract to decarb for 2-4 hours depending on volume then finish under full vac for about 24 hours stirring every 1-2 hours. Let me know if you have any other questions. And DM your progress because Iā€™m curious how this will work out for BHO.

o nah i try to retain terps by decarbing in the 1500ml mason jars. i decarb low af temp for like 8 hours and just relieve pressure as needed/swirl the jar regularly. i have very good decarboxilation rates and itā€™s dialed in exactly where i need it to be Iā€™m just looking to step it up a notch

and yea Iā€™ll definitely keep you in the loop. i have a tall diamond miner I already have loaded that Iā€™m gonna decarb in today with n2 but Iā€™m very interested to see how your tek compares

2 Likes

Ahhh okay I might need to get that Mason jar tek off of you and see if I can apply it to my strain specific extract. Sounds like we are after the same goal of terp preservation! Canā€™t wait to hear your results!

2 Likes

Yea my main goal is definitely terp preservation too, thatā€™s where the real meds are

dude it works surprisingly well. Iā€™ve got over 9% terps after decarn on rso with mason jars, 0 ppm etoh. i use it for bho too, works great just gotta let it slowly heat up with the oven so it doesnā€™t build too much pressure, i have had 1 blow up but it was an employee that didnā€™t relieve pressure soon enough :man_facepalming: always put the mason jar in a ss dish or bowl or some shit