D8-THC-O turned to water-like consistency?

Feel a bit stupid posting about this but here we go.

Found an old jar of d8-thco back in storage. Dated to have been produced about 5 months ago. Seems to have turned to an almost pg/vg consistency. Pretty much zero vinegar smell.

Anyone know whether this is still useable, or what the chemical make up of this thing could be?

Either way, is it going in the bin?

@Graywolf didn’t y’all see D9 THCO fall apart in short order?

See: THC-O-Acetate shelf life

The consistency of D8-thco is almost vegetable glycerin viscosity ime. If it doesn’t smell like vinegar and it’s only 5 months old I’d say your fine.

What’s the temperature?

Not in the freezer where I keep them.

damn it!! hallucinating again… :thinking:

2 Likes

If the D8-THCO has changed in consistency and has no vinegar smell, it might have degraded over time. Its potency and effects could be affected. It’s hard to determine its exact chemical makeup without lab testing. If you’re unsure, it’s probably best to dispose of it properly to avoid any potential risks. Safety first!

3 Likes

This was referring to the THCO that we made in class and is accurate. The gummies sitting in the freezer haven’t done so.

1 Like

which you had shared with me verbally recently (admittedly in the context of gummies), and was the part that seemed relevant to OP…

at least until I dug around here, and saw that your report included short shelf life AND the odor of acetic acid.

same page?!?

We were vaporizing the THCO that developed the bite.

I’ll remove a gummy from the freezer and let it set at ambient to see what it does and report back.

1 Like

I have some of the d9 thco that kca tested at 1000 mg/g in a vacuum sealed mason jar. Its been sitting at room temperature over a year. It would be interesting to test it and see if it degraded at all being under vacuum seal that long

3 Likes

Another variable that just occurred to me and that is process. We used H2SO4 and Acetic Anhydride to produce the THCO. How was the D-9 THCO in the gummies produced?

Just so we’re all on the same page here, OP has a jar of D8 THCO, the only person discussing shelf life in gummies in this thread is you.

We might could invite @MillerliteRN in, and possibly get an answer on how the THCO in the gummies you stored in your freezer was made (may have been D8 THCO).

Or are you talking samples from @Kingofthekush420 ?

1 Like

My method used baking soda and AA, i can send you some papers thatll explain why baking soda is the perfect catalyst for this reaction. It actually does 2 things, 1 it neutralizes any acetic acid thats produced and 2 it actually breaks the AA apart to start the reaction

If you want the full paper dm me

5 Likes

I would love to see the paper, but having trouble messaging you as your profile is not listed.

Could you send it to Graywolf@graywolfslair.com?