Custom equipment

I’ve been reading into custom making equipment and quite inspired. We’ve been been in the dark on equipment but thanks to this forum I get the real answers I’ve been looking for.

Basically this post is asking these questions.

Is there custom builders for equipment thats certified?

Legalities/problems on using custom made equipment?

Is is worth it?

I should also mention we are pretty dead set on the delta cup 15.

If you build your own stuff you’ll save 50-70% of the cost, especially if you can scavenge parts.

To get an engineers stamp and make it insurable you’ll likely make up anywhere from 30-70% of that cost you tried to save :stuck_out_tongue: (obviously pending on the project and build out cost). Engineers stamps are gonna run you 20k on the low end and 50k+ on the high end.

Most DIY projects won’t save you much money once you factor in your time and headaches… On your first one… The HUGE savings come from building out your further projects once you finished making and learning from the dozens of mistakes you made!

7 Likes

Great reply

We can help answer your questions.

Give us a call on Monday, ask for Zach!

+1 (720) 609-2968

Thanks for the response… we were assuming that might be the case, especially the head aches.

Zach i will get in touch with you monday and maybe we can figure something out. im open ears

1 Like

I’m speaking as someone who is currently building all their own equipment with no engineering background. It’s hard and terrible and I hate it it. I have no money, but I have hours, so I need to make the trade-off :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

have you looked at other centrifuge options?

have you got your head wrapped around all the other bits besides a centrifuge you’re going to need?

have you read @Photon_noir’s Ethanol Extraction White Paper?

1 Like