Cryogenic CO2-expanded ethanol (CXE) extraction

It is my understanding that @Soxhlet was pushing his solvent with gas phase CO2, not attempting to cool it with liquid or solid phase.

I don’t see how a heat exchanger is relevant to his problem, certainly the issue was not optimizing CO2 flow rate.

2 Likes

Got it!

May all your efforts be green,

Cheers,

1 Like

Hi,
the gas was indeed used as a propellent for the liquid solvent.

1 Like

I’m purchasing a OCO Labs Co2 extraction machine they also utilize horizontal and vertical extraction vessels I’m going to breed in EtoH with the Co2 there’s a whole publication and diagram of a whole apparatus I’m going to imploy any help would be great. Thank You.

Make sure ur expectations r realistic. CO2 extraction is a great way to make a clean* product safely; but CO2 extraction has a lot of negative sentiment cause often big companies werent honest about the down sides to the point people felt straight up defauded after way overspending on machines that didn’t produce as much as promised. Especially on oco machine that have severally limited capacity and underpowered pump. I first started using a machine that had 3 inch by 24 inch cylindrical pressure vessel and a mid range pump and it would take 10 hours of extraction at 2000psi to get a 10% yield. So if ur limited to 1500psi and an anemic pump it will likely be drastically out performed by hydrocarbon extractors

1 Like

There’s also the fact that you cna get to the point of fractioning the terps from the thca based on post processing methods when it comes to hydrocarbon based extractions without having to use 2000psi for 10 hours :sweat_smile:

The psi is one of the reasons that made me stick to upgrading to a cls and buying the OCO.

@cyclopath Vitalis has brought CXE to market with the CIS module for existing systems and it is integrated as a standard feature in Gen 2 systems entering production now. On another note, I left Prospiant (Apeks/Delta) to join Vitalis.

Cheers!

1 Like