Crude to distillate

Thanks new to forum

1 Like

Welcome read and read Some more but When in doubt ask ask away

6 Likes

He also has his own website: www.brokendabs.com , I think.

6 Likes

And then go back and read more, and realize the answer was already here… haha

6 Likes

The use of Methanol worries me.

2 Likes

Then don t use it
Make a product you can vouche for and be proud of :fist_left:

5 Likes

2l roto and water aspirator , want to make sure there is no degrading. Vac and temp to use to fully remove eth and decarb ?

Im not quite sure what your asking? But you can most definitely use a wayer aspirator pump on a 2l and decarb with it, they pull a really deep vac so you gotta keep the waywr as cold as possible, mines hooked up to a waywr chiller that keeps it around 7c the whole time. They work good cause the wayer will absorb the stink of decarbing, so you just gotta change it every handful of runs

1 Like

Basically just trying to make sure I don’t over cook whats in there due to the temperature it’s set at not being the actual temp due to vac depth . Hard to explain but do you understand what I’m saying ?

I set mine to 140c to decarb and volitale strip. If jts foing in a short path your still way below the temp and vac you would be running at

1 Like

Hm interesting I was under the assumption with thc boiling point being 157c , with a vac pulled 140c would be to high due to vacuum changing boiling point of these elements.

Ya the aspirator pump will come no where near the micron level needed to to achieve thc at 157c. Ive pulled it there when 1micron or lower if sub 1micron. Im finishing a eun right now and i hit thc at 177c at 53micron on 1st pass. You dont need that deep of a vac for a roto, you need steady decent vac same as filtering not deep vacuum like when distilling

3 Likes

@Bonevader I have read that it’s recommended to use Silicone Oil specifically formulated for hot bath application. However, due to difficulty in obtaining that oil my team went with using Avocado oil for now. Works great! Basically, any oil that has a high smoke point temperature (>200celsius) should be good to use in a roto for decarbing temps.
EDIT: oil degradation and oxidation may vary between oil producers depending on their SOPs for refinement of crude oil and maintaining clarity along with shelf-life stability. Despite that, if your rotovap isn’t too big (<5L) then buying more cooking oil in the case of degradation could still be affordable and gets your rotovap capable of decarb.

@Doyathang THC boiling point at ambient room pressure (@760torr) is 425c
In order to reach THC boiling point at 140c you would have to maintain a vacuum pressure of 0.04 mmHg (40 microns). With the average SPD setup I have used (china-brand turnkey package), including a dewar cold trap, and edwards e2M28 vac pump I see vac levels in the range of 200-500microns. At the lowest of that range (200 microns) it allows me to boil THC at a head temp of about 180c. See the nomograph for this relationship (thc b.p. VS vacuum pressure) here

3 Likes

Got a sop for filtration lle separations dm if y’all are interested

Huh ?
Please explain the concept and
Results of this sop you are offering :+1:

2 Likes

Filtering with material column or filtration column repurposed, can be Büchner yes, but layer media’s in specific orders dry plugs wet packs you’ll have t free disty within first pass. >85% remediation 100% if you’re extensive.

2 Likes

Ok so you are offering a thc remediation sop that is based on solvent and powder afinity of cannabinoids by wich the cannabinoid THC or THC-a can be remediated
Exelent very nice!
A the price for this sop ?
Not for me personaly but i think starting a new tread with this info makes sense
For there are a lot seeking it

2 Likes

My prices are cut in half this week so any clients to hop on the consult wagon get a flat fee for it all this week. I will inflate back to normal prices after this weekend. But dm me for pricing

Interested in the sop

1 Like

Same here