Condenser is truth. Wfe settings

Deleted by poster

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Do you think the Christmas tree would change significantly if the vacuum is pulled from the top vs bottom of the column? Y chem vs root sciences

3 Likes

Sometimesā€¦ I wish I could actually meet you people. Most of the time, I count myself lucky.

Yā€™all are wild.

15 Likes

Let me think on that, probably would be easier to see it in action, but i have to visualize the flow path at least. I feel like itll be harder to do higher temps. But let me check a few models. If someone has one and wants to try the process id greatly appreciate the writeup.

2 Likes

Second pass 190 body, 155 condenser. Started condenser temp at 130 and increased temp till we were happy with color.

Can you cool the material before it comes out? What does the residue side look like?
Is that all the temp bands in one? Or is that what 155C is looking like?

1 Like

I slowed down discharge speed just now to let it sit and cool , set discharge temp to 100. Will report back soon.

Edit: also gonna slow down feed.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t mean to derail, so let me expound a little more to give relevance to the post.

If you donā€™t push up your condenser temps for a cannabinoid pass, youā€™ll be stuck recirculating residue and making decisions qualitatively.

As youā€™ve mentioned here, the problem of recirculating residue can be eliminated by taking a cannabinoid pass at much higher temperatures on the condenser, and then separating the cannabinoid fraction as the heavy on the third pass.

Itā€™s just a difference of practice to illuminate the same pointā€”if you distill the mixture while it still contains tar (and other heavy BP components) youā€™ll be stuck recirculating your residue as I have.

You can remove the post if you feel it takes away from the discussion. If you feel like this post clarifies to strengthen your point, Iā€™ll add it to my previous post and delete this.

Either way, good post.

14 Likes

Yā€™all are getting close to the right parameters but yā€™all still arenā€™t doing a start up, run, and shut down procedure. Its vital.

This is second pass. If I was back at the old shop I can do it on first with better prepping the crude. I had to persuade my former employees to let me run in a 150 c heat plate. Once no smoke than Iā€™ll let cool till the next day. Next day when I opened shop Iā€™ll turn the heat plate till smoking stops again. Usually the second day itā€™s for 2 hours.
Tip: make sure the temperature of crude is even inside the hopper before starting the WFE/RFE. Reading feedback on heat exchanger isnā€™t enough. Stick a probe on top of the crude. Also whatever temperature you set the hopper make sure itā€™s stirred in a unorthodox rapidly motion to release any remaining solvent.

2 Likes

Were past that color quality but ya this isnt a sop for setup and terp passā€¦ just mains info.

1 Like

Do you think people will be able to hit closer to water-clear with this method? I feel like a big part of the problem with conventional SOPs is that in order to pull off heads effectively on your first pass you almost have to pull cannabinoids into your strip to do it all the way.

Editā€”and because of this, you pull higher BP terpenoids, typically ones that mimic carotenoids.

2 Likes

I think weā€™re on different pages. Yā€™all are second passing the crude? I only do it once and it smells like death when I release it. Than second pass is cleaning up my mains at the same temp but higher speed. I burned most of my terps off on the heat plate. My outlook is grab all cannabinoids off the first pass than make the product cleaner on the second run. Have yā€™all ever ran test samples on crude waste after itā€™s done to see how much cannabinoids are still left?

Itā€™s procedure. If yā€™all are flooding with low speed on the wfe thatā€™s not correct. Think for a second. Thereā€™s three ways to control this process in speed. Hopper intake speed, spin coat controller, and temperature/pressure. One would think to increase one speed they will increase the other accordingly :thinking:

i think itā€™s strain dependent. A yellow color terpene overlaps the mains BP than itā€™s likely to be condensed on the coil. Also prepping crude to remove fats plays itā€™s part. The cleaner the starting material than a better pull for mains you will have.

Water clear in cart is done with water washes between passā€¦ no matter how you swing it, theres a yellow fraction you cant remove with fractional separation, unless you can get deadly accurate with that condenser tempā€¦ it might be there. Water clear in volume needs additional chroma workā€¦ but i have been getting lighter and lighter colors each passā€¦ but i typically have been stopping at 2 passes

4 Likes

Thats not true, i run unwinterized all the time. Works extrenely well every time. Also. Strain specific is a lieā€¦ these are concepts im trying to avoid. Instead of working stuff that isnt related to this post. Start working on trying the methods and see what happens

3 Likes

I already dialed down the RFE in two weeks running it. Was I at 100% most efficient nope. I gave up my job so I havenā€™t had a chance to jump back on one to nail down the final peice. Yā€™all are getting close but still itā€™s lnight and day on how we run. Have you ever had clear distillate pour down in your residue chamber bc the condenser canā€™t keep up?

I donā€™t give out this spoon for free unless they meet the criteria I have for this knowledge and accept my terms. If you read any of my previous post with distillation you will be able to put it together.

Running winterized will make it more efficient. Fats and lipids holds resistance on cannabinoids to pull from the crude. So does sugarsā€¦ salts deteriorate your systemā€¦ can you run the system without taking these things out. Sure but when time is money and I can get a better pull in less time than it only makes sense to do this.

I canā€™t expect you to see these things happening bc youā€™re not running a chemtech. The carousel feature is the greatest piece of equipment to dial down a system. Instead of filling the distillate in the dead center of the harvest pod slightly adjust the carousel so it pours along the side of the wall. You will see everything thatā€™s happening to your distillate. Plus there are 6 pods and each parameter adjustment can be used for each. At the end of the week Iā€™m having 6 times the amount of recorded data than somebody who isnā€™t using one.

Iā€™m not starting a pissing contest and every bit of information Iā€™m providing is useful if they know how to interpret it.

Here is a sample form for anybody who needs a D.A.C sheet to record data
D.A.C.

2 Likes

working through several temperature variations but started to dial in the color a bit tonight. Will have more details on my runs one we perfect a couple things.

One of the issues I think Iā€™m happening is the temperature of the liquid once it hits atmosphere. Going to run some tests for that this week.

4 Likes

What percentages are we working with? On anyoneā€™s tech here?

This is the closes theory i discovered that relates to what is happening with distillate pouring in ambient air. In short youre getting effected by open pouring.

1 Like