Concentrates to Distillate

I can build a 50 ml system for under $500. I can put up to 50ml of material but that’s my max on funds that’s why I’m asking about just a small quantity

Maybe u should take a look at how @Beaker (RIP) used to do things. He did very small scale distillatations and might be exactly what ur looking for.
However, he did use like a $3k vac pump even when he was only distilling a couple mls. Btw his vac pump is still performing like a champ, ive got it and have been using it since he passed

14 Likes

You went from thankful to sour as fuck because you didn’t like what I had to say…. So much for being appreciative

8 Likes

10 Likes

It’s not that I didn’t like what you had to say its the fact you could of kept it to yourself be supportive even if you don’t like the idea

1 Like

So applying basic logic to your efforts and time it takes to make such a small quantity isn’t sound advice?

Either way you can absolutely distill 25ml but in my opinion (here’s the advice) it isn’t worth the time and energy to make so little. Maybe save up and build a bigger still?

What vacuum pump are you going to use for this?

3 Likes

You can find glass co ( i believe) just like beakers setup for running small amounts. Its not a mantle but you can put that on a magnetic stirrer. Most can be found on ebay for cheap.

4 Likes

I’m going to use a 5CFM 2 stage vacuum pump the idea was to do 50ml in a 100ml flask I wanted to start with a smaller amount because I’ve never done this before I don’t want to spend a bunch of money to try it if you have read my previous posts. A 25ml run would be just for me to make sure I get it right then move onto 50ml but I probably won’t be doing more than 50ml of concentrates at a time mainly for the fact I only go through 14 grams bi weekly

That’s perfect I have a magnetic stirring hotplate I could use that for just the stirring and the EBay mantle for the heat. That’s supportive!

Are you in the states? Look at what a turn key set up comes with, then just search for it on ebay and get it way cheaper. The pump and ability to jeep jt clean( cold trap) are gonna be where you spend the most on, can absolutely get away with a off the shelf harbor freight pump it just wont last and will likely never do its ultimate vac again but from the sounds of your needs who cares if your just doing small runs.

4 Likes

This would be my setup

1 Like

He fails to understand extraction and distillation is for scale.

He is trying to help by saying scale up on distillation. You will be spending more and wasting more on a small scale, 25mL, run.

1 Like

@david also has good distillation glass available. I would ask him for ideas of equipment.

Wouldn’t the yield be the same regardless of the starting amount of material. Say 50ml in a 100ml flask wouldn’t you still only hope to lose 20% total material?

1 Like

Looking for quality not quantity

1 Like

That’s a question for @FicklePickle

But I assume yes, you also have to take into account of what will be leftover in the equipment and flask. You’d be better off with a 500-1000mL startup instead of under 100mL.

That would be fantastic if I had the funds to purchase that’s much

1 Like

Well you can still shoot for quantity and GET quality.

Just because you’re distilling 25-50mL of concentrate doesn’t mean you’ll get the best quality.

Well ask @david about the pricing of 1000mL SPD equipment

Or do what I am doing, invest in a grow, learn to grow to scale, once you figure out how to properly grow to scale, can get a harvest every 3-4 months, and have space, money and time to invest into a CLS, practice CLS until you figure that out, then invest in distillation equipment to practice on that. Take it one step at a time is how I am doing it.

Ask around. Search around and just read and learn.