co2 terp pulls ...

Yep that’s in a good range. Sounds like you’ve got some higher end product already going on in Canada. Once most people get a taste of the real essential oils, the old plant blends don’t do it.

1 Like

i’ve been using a Eden supercritical extractor, and i cannot seem to get a consistent yield on my terpenes. keeping all temps and pressures the same but yields vary a lot. all the material was same strain and harvest date. any thoughts?

2 Likes

How are you packing your column? If it’s too tight the solvent can channel through the biomass and not give you a full extraction

Are you at liberty to discuss the pressure step down for each chamber?

No unfortunately I cant disclose that… if I could it would make things alot easier

Material is loosely packed but I change flow direction to keep from channeling

Hey Critical Point. Just came across your post from last year. Can u send me that info you have on solvent density calls?

1 Like

I have them. Subcritical CO2 extracted terpenes. They range in color from very light yellow to dark and the color is not the biggest indication of quality,as some of the most pungent batches have been dark, and sometimes cloudier due to run times pulling extra fats,
I just launched my website this week. Terpenesraw.com

Hit me up. I’d love to get some in your hands

1 Like

Running the IES 40 liter botanical extractor for about a year now. The machine is a beast, sort of expensive to run and medium maintenance
Our lowest yield was under 1% and our highest yield was 2.2 %

3 Likes

Do you provide analysis/COA with each profile purchased?

1 Like

Bro I’m so small time. We do little runs out of our medical gardens. I sent out a couple samples to a local lab and they totally messed up the test, which later I found out why after dr.jackhughes told me about most labs limited capacity to give an accurate terpenes test, so I was going to send out a couple of our largest batches to pro verde, but I have not gotten the chance yet. But I will this week. It’s on the top of my clerical list for the week. That will give us analysis on a couple of the larges5 batches,
But all the small ones, I don’t see myself being able to afford right away.

7 Likes

totally understand that. Forgot about dr.jack’s comment to you about many lab techs not prepping samples correctly.

1 Like

Only other variable I can imagine is the amount of CO2 used. Do you measure that?

The machine we use is actually a pilot system so we just set the parameters and let it run
The amount of CO2 would be adjusted for the volume of biomass

Smaller runs shorter run time Pressures and temperatures are the same

2 Likes

Hey man, I run a 20L and 5L eden labs. I make terps all day long and they range from lighter to darker as @Betroit says but not really an indication of quality in my opinion. Depending on quality of input material we get 1-2% yields, highest I’ve ever gotten of these pure clear terpenes is just under 5% but it was off of some ridiculously stinky ACDC flower.

It’s definitely possible. Hope you have been making progress these last few months! This is from one of our runs yesterday.

7 Likes

Looks fragrant! Have you run any high-quality hemp flower for terpene extraction?

2 Likes

What are the parameters?

1 Like

whats good bud,

I personally (self taught) dig around on the internet, and it has taken a while to understand but once you understand how co2 density and phase change play a role in this it gets a bunch easier. I have like 10 different co2 phase diagrams printed and CO2 calculator and dial in my runs. I am blessed to have a lot of flower all of the time and been dialing things in for years now.

I have and am getting rid of an IES 20lx2 because it can only run supercritical runs for terps. I have gotten ok yield percents and been able to limit waxes but the terp quality were not too good. IES will straight out give you parameters. [1200psi 40c chiller(solvent)/ 650psi 30c chiller(expansion)]

I have an apeks 20l and love it, it allows me to get to my “sweetspot” in subcritical range and always consistently yields high and great quality.

I hope I helped :metal:

10 Likes
6 Likes

Nice pull ! You running #37 orifice?

1 Like