CO2 extraction in an Apeks machine.

I apologize, your right and thanks for the help!

1 Like

Well thats a long story. Short of it is i didnā€™t buy the machine, really just trying to make sure it operates optimally. Iā€™m just an old redneck trying to grasp at an understanding of what the next step is out if the rotovap? Only been running it 4 months

Are you winterizing your co2 crude?

Why would you ask if i went with CO2? Is it not as efficient as ethanol?

Yes sir

Why not use cryo ethanol in the first place if youā€™re winterizing in it after extraction?

Please share further i know not what what you speak of lol

Your messing with meā€¦what temp is cryo ethanol?

List your SOP from front to back to get from biomass to isolate.

Have you actually extracted anything yet?

Yeah been running it for 4 months, just have not ever seen anyoneā€™s operation or had any help just what i pick up here and there. I am tolling Stormy Daniels at this moment for someone else. They get back winterized oil which they take to distillate

I am not versed in co2. If you list your entire SOP you will probably get some more opinions.

So this SOP you are talking about, what should it include, entail or cover exactly? If you donā€™t mind sharing.

Anything pertinent to your extraction process. Extraction, winterization, solvent recovery, distillation, isolation.

Clearly i dont know what Iā€™m talking about. Frustration level 100 lol. I can do that with the sop itā€™ll take me a minute to type it and submit it for scrutiny, which i gladly welcome!

I dont have spd capabilities. Thought matbe i could do that with a centrifuge

No sir.

@Raybhayes1

Sop means Standard operating procedure.

It means what steps you take in your operation. So heā€™s asking about what procedure you use for getting from point a to point b, ie from biomass to end product.

1 Like

Thanks bro! Was curious what to include not what the acronym stood for.

2 Likes

My bad, didnā€™t know you didnā€™t know.

1 Like

I am so new to this brother i should not be allowed in here lol