Cmep radiator removal and possible rebuild

What are you using the torch for? Have tou ran a gen 3 with the prv?

Some fasteners in the CMEP like on the rod bearing and piston are retained with loctite. If you try and take them apart as-is they’ll frequently strip out the hex fastener. If you get them nice and hot first they’ll come apart easily and way less likely to strip out.

Haven’t run a gen 3 personally

3 Likes

Makes sense, i was nust curious ive never had to use one during all the rebuilds ive done.

Mine do the exact same thing as it gets lower one starts making a loud clacking noise

As much as I dislike pumps and especially these. They are pretty much an electric driven haskell, as far as the design goes.

But, you can also mount them vertically as @cyclopath was stating while he was working on one. Take the wheels off the rack and mount it to a wall and out the way. You can save space. Along with making it easier to service, when needed. And possibly even cut down the framing, or mount it to something else saving more space

2 Likes

Time for a rebuild. He said i would’ve damaged it if i kept using it.

The same one larry did for you?

1 Like

Yessir

Does anyone know how to get the bearings off the connecting rods? Not connecting rods the crankshaft, I’m trying to get the bearings off that.

You have to take a Allen wrench and cut the leg in half to fit the tight space to loosen the nut. Put up a pic, ive rebuilt way to many of those

1 Like

I got it. My bearings went and I got some ceramic ones thanks to of your post @Concentrated_humbold. I used a bigger hammer and torch and two inch spool to hold it. Was a real bitch though without breaking anything. I’ve been having a real problem with the pump when I switched to non jacketed 4 inch 48 tubes. I rebuilt the 3 times in the last month. That’s never happened before . I was sucking solvent from the tubes into the pump. So that was wreaking the gaskets in the pump. And wreaking gas. I added a cold catch and that fixed that problem. Next problem is the chiller got clogged, moisture from b-80 I think got in there. I had no problem with powder moisture until it rained. I baked powders in the summer and didn’t see much moisture then since it was so dry. Since it rained the same powders have picked up so much moisture. When baked yesterday I’ve never seen so much steam/water come out of the vac oven and a big fucking mess, powders everywhere, yes it had a lid and paper filter and the powders where like small volcanos spewing water vapor. Not fun. The other problem was the second tank of I got from THC was contaminated, water in the gas, weird rotting smell and half yield compared to before, same material. From March to August I really struggled, I changed everything to fix any/all problems, I distilled that gas so many times, no change. I changed the gas and everything went back to my normal. The last bunch of lbs of oil I pour looks like garbage. Material is fresh and dry I also ocd that crap out of whatever I can control. It rained and I think the b80 sucked atmosphereic moisture and then b80 added water I believe to the extraction in turn making way darker then before, same material. The problem now is fats. I have a 6 inch bye 8 spool DE filter aka fat catcher, og cotton, ss scubies before crc and it’s not doing shit. maybe stealing stuff? Yield went down after adding fat catcher. I do a 6-1 ratio. All filters are 25 um to sub um. Withou dry ice my injection line is -30. I vac my injection tank till it freezes “recycle” till cold bout -20. I have two holding tanks, one is 30 the other is 60. But I have a 3 inch bye 48 jacketed tubes I was thinking to use crx and dry ice to clean and defat. I like to keep the blast room humid to keep spark down. Material is in very dry dark cold room. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

I always had my pumps above the system for 1 so it doesnt pool inside the pump and also to let gravity work for me. I ran 3 of them 8-10 hrs a day for over a yr before i had bearings go out on 1 so i rebuilt all of them. They dont like to be used to pill into vac and always make sure you dont have any gas in the pump when your done for the day. They do suck but ive been using them since they first switched from m the yellow hemp seed oil ones, if you are good at keeping these things in mind when setting everything thing up they should go for many many hours. Im sure alot will disagree with me but ive owned well over a dozen of them and they put in work and had thousands of lbs of gas ran thru them and never had a problem except the one had the bearings go out after well over a yr. Make sure your gas is dry and keep those things in mind and you should be fine, plus there super easy to rebuild and the bearings are cheap.

1 Like