Closed loop recovery times, cooling and heating, vapor assist? Help

and what do u mean by continuous and u can’t run the nitro?

He means he’s recovering in his collection while dumping at the same time, probably with multiple pots.

3 Likes

It drains my columns in about 30sec and then takes about the same to recover only that column and the hot vapor and then it’s ready to come off and a new one put on

I have an extra tank here, so I just fill it with one lb … Get warm And after…if I injecting lb hot it will push the remaining solvent that’s stalled In the cryo dewax column?

Technically yes, I really depends how your system is set up. I use my Vac lines that connect the top of all of my columns to a manifold then only open the hot one and the one I’m pushing so the only way for it to go is thru the column with solvent in it. It also depends on what your running for, I’m all crude so I don’t have to be as careful

1 Like

If shooting for Crystal sauce I can’t give it a bump w it though

Can someone post a picture of what the burp valve looks like? And is it proper to just have the nitrogen t-ed in to the injection line where u could choose to use got vapor pressure or the n2. That’s how my friend has it set up I’m pretty sure.

1 Like

How are you useing the gas? Inline with the injection makes sense for trying to push through a buchner vessel. Say if you were trying to move liquid from a tank, your n2 line would be on the vapor port of the tank.
I bleed the excess pressure off with the overpressure saftey valves on the tank, once chilled that is.

I was thinking of using the N2 to push butane out of material column in to the collection tank and then the N2 can be bled off from a valve on the injection line. Seems like people are saying instead of that the N2 goes through the pump back in to the solvent tank and is bled off from there. I guess I’m not sure if my idea is flawed or you could do it either way

If your collection pot is cryo cold you can burp it, butaine won’t have any pressure @-80c . Otherwise you have to pump the gas to a place where you can chill the solvent to seporate the gas.

5 Likes

Bro I wish I knew that before my coworker had to put his card and info down lmao took 3 weeks to get the tank too

2 Likes

really? crazy! We buy lots of gasses (n2, co2, argon, oxygen) and have some rented tanks too. Never had a supplyer not have the tank we needed. Where do you rent? nazi airgas lol?

4 Likes

Some half assed welding supply that is closer to me than other ones lol

4 Likes

I can’t stand airgas. Haha

7 Likes

Get on touch with the closest Praxair. They will most definitely work with you . They helped me drop airgas. I get nitro, dry ice and lc02 from them on a delivery schedule

7 Likes

Burp your collection pot if possible,would be the easiest I would think. If you can try the heat wrap it is by far the best and most effective and fastest way to empty them, then close veryrhing else off and only recover that column should take about 30 sec to recover to zero then open every thing back open and swap columns and loose very very lil gas.

2 Likes

Sweet thanks that makes sense

Can u explain the nitrogen assist inline? I’m confused would that not block it…

And if using inline dewaax can u not vapor fill cryo tank w nitrogen to push all the way to the dewax… Then drop to collection and vent nitrogen to start recovery?

Just trying to understand why it’s in the middle of the system before the dewax if ur trying to push, that seems backwards or I’m not understanding something

They are useing a buchner vessel, it fills up with butaine from the column and is valved off and chilled to allow the fats to drop out of solution. As the fats clog the filter paper and the pressures between the vessels equalize filtration slows. transfer of the solvent becomes harder because of vapor lock, n2 gas can boost the pressure in the headspace of the buchner vessel. Boosting the pressure is a good way to keep everything flowing and keep the filters seated.

4 Likes

Okay it’s already made it there, I get it now