Closed Loop BHO, Old Solid Dark Wax Material Clean Up

Hi… Newbie here to this site.
So, I have been reading about dark wax material clean up… The Butcher Funnel with CRC
filtration concept I like (and might need to buy) But, If there is a way to clean up via passive
bho closed loop, 2lb column (2 3/4 ID) with crc chamber and nitro, please point to the topic.
Otherwise, I have two ideas of re-introducing old solid dark wax either as a solid or liquid into the
chamber with spent flower and layered T-5, T-41, (about 30gr each [maybe silica gel]).
There is about 1/2lb of old solid bho wax to experiment with.
Open to suggestions … thanx
hashyone

1 Like

Melt the old material in warm butane and run through a 3” crc column with 10:1 solvent to oil.

I’d use 2-300g of t-5 and 100g of silica 60

When melting and running old material that you’re trying to re crc I run extra gas, to make sure I’ve both melted all the old oil down and to make sure I rinse the crc media with extra gas. I literally did this last weekend.

I nitro push at 20-30 psi to begin with and roll it up if I’m I’m unhappy with the flow.

Talk to @Killa12345 about getting set up for a proper crc if you don’t already have one.

7 Likes

as @Waxplug1 will attest those Butcher funnels can be brutal…much safer to contain your solvent in an inline CRC

6 Likes

Step 1. Hook up a crc to a 2in ball valve to a dewaxing column.
Step 2. Place material to be cleaned in dewaxing chamber.
Step 3. Add enough solvent to fully dissolve material and let it sit for 1hr.
Step 4. Chill dewaxing column after 1hr has passed whether it’s with a chiller or dry ice and let it chill for about 20min.
Step 5. Open valve slowly and push with nitro through crc into your collection chamber and recover.

10 Likes

What’s y’all best method of redissolving BHO into solvent? I’m always having problems getting it all dissolved…

2 Likes

Warm or room temp butane will do it at a 10 to 1 ratio in 1hr

4 Likes

@Waxplug1 you just toss it in a spool?

1 Like

Yea an open jacket 6x36 spool

1 Like

anything on the bottom? just right on the filter?

I’ve tried this with 600g of BHO and it took like 150lb of solvent to finally melt the whole thing.

1 Like

Yea your usual crc set up with the adsorbents you usually use…load in the vessel just like this

1 Like

Warm gas and extra pass’s

2 Likes

This is what worked for us. Just takes so fkin long…

1 Like

I had a nightmare weekend where I tried to shove old oil up and through a 1/4” line… rolled it up to 100psi… nothing.
I had to take my little 7lb gas tank from killa and completely submerge it in a 20 gallon trash can of hot water around 115° for 2.5 hrs… took 3 pass’s to get it all but I got it…

Only took 6 hrs total… :man_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

Thank you all for the input… I’ll be reading more on the topic before
doing the task.
Since there is about 1/2 pound to test with… doing 2 to 4 ounces
at a time will be the test ground.
The crc material ratio is a guess at 30 grams each and if works, next
guess is to re-use same crc material up to 3 times? I recently ran 3 pipes
of flower 3 times with the same powders before the 110mm filter paper
gave out.
Open to suggestions …
hashyone

Are you melting tane into the product in the material column? When you say warm tane, do you mean straight from the bottle? Then add chilled to run through the system?

Warming up means 70f+ Or warmer, I was doing it about 105 and it was quick!, I put a black-ass slab in a little collection, added solvent about 9:1, heated it up, already pressure in there but added the N2 @50psi and pushed it thru the 4” crc (from @Killa12345 )

Def don’t run cold solvent when you’re trying to re crc oil. Won’t do you any good.

Straight from the bottle or warmed. Warming it is much faster.

I do it with a solvent tank that has a dip tube and sight glass

4 Likes

How long does it take? Thanks for the help bro.

Depends on the size of the thca.

Bigger chunks take more energy to melt down into the solvent

1 Like

You’re right about that. I started with just roughly 500g that had already sugared in a 25lb solvent tank equipped with a dip tube. It’s taking a long ass time.