Closed Loop Accidents

The person im talking about had never ran one let alone a huge one so it just wasn’t a good combo. Its actually harder for me to run small ones than big ones, but there all the same just more valves or a few different tricks depending on size. Glad you got something, i was thinking about you when tou posted that and if i had a place for you i would have. Many a friends did the stretch you did or are still for the same thing. It was a river in the 90’s and lotta good people got hemmed up.

3 Likes

Mine is inline so I have a gauge on top of the material column and on the collection but not on the crc itself. I always vaccum the collection pot down and then just open the ball valve to relive the pressure before disassembling it, but down the road I’ll probably get a cap with a gauge to do this. Just learned my lesson this time.

:point_up:t2: Open blast is a grenade with the pin pulled.

Closed loop is cutting the wires on a time bomb in a sequence.

:octopus:

5 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. And then you got the people using power tools to whip their batters and heat guns on slabs without a sparkless fan exhausting the fumes. Makes you wonder how they even know how to run a loop :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve done both.
And heat guns on slabs is a thing!
Not in the fucking room with the extractor, obviously.
People use drills on slabs too
FYI I understand a little about extracting

4 Likes
1 Like

That’s not a slab if it’s unpurged
In my opinion
And that was near the extractoe

3 Likes

I was really confused on dry ice at first too= I open blasted onto dry ice to dewax it but it all freezes to the dry ice. I had some tube that was a closed column from bvv. That was over 10 years ago. My source of info was youtube.

Yeah I’ve found the few ppl I’ve actually taught in person it’s best to just make them watch u make a few runs then let them start trying and pull out ur ruler to smack the shit outta their hands when they go the wrong route… lol I don’t do all that but sure would be funny I just correct them on the route and explain why it’s wrong to do and what could go wrong…after want 4-5 runs most the time they got it esp the ones that bring a note book for notes

It says unpurged slab of bho. See also: poop soup with the flammables intact.

:octopus:

1 Like

the drill should at the verry least be brushless but im sure that isnt up to saftey standards. If its outdoors and gets lit itll be a big fireball. I havent attempted badder but do you never use a brushless drill to mix it?

1 Like

Imo, not ime because I haven’t attempted to make badder either, I would do a single purge in the oven without heat to get some of the initial solvent out so it’s not vaporous, first.
Then, hit it with a good rpm on a hot plate or go nuts with a custom stainless stirrer by hand and a slides warmer with a digital temp controller.

Don’t. Leave. Yo. Lighter. In. Yo. Pocket. When. Handing. Ethanol.

2 Likes

Care to elaborate on that one?

Had a team member show flint when fidgeting with a lighter in their hoodie at a rather large EtoH hemp extraction facility.

Had a great safety talk.

8 Likes

Reminds me of the time my buddy lit a candle in the lab. I personally “blew a gasket” lmfao. I haven’t seen him light a candle for the past 4 years now :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Lol you sound like my friend right now :eyes: I forget how relentless people get on this website about lack of detail in my comments. I was trying to comment on that lab fire where dude is heatgunning slabs next to his loop. Also I’ve seen people using power drills straight into jars that still has residual gas in it.

1 Like

If you look below my comment you commented on, you’ll see I was referring to @GroovyOctopusLabs saying that, about slabs, and slabs are what comes out of the oven not a tray of unfinished product…that’s silly as hell!
Sorry you took my comment about his comment the wrong way bro

1 Like

Ahhhhh okay okay okay, I must’ve been too stoned to realize this one but there really is a typo!!! I should’ve typed: “puddle of poop soup” or “puddle of solventloaded unfinished product” . I should’ve used the term “puddle of.”

I went back and edited my comment in the other thread.

1 Like

This is happening to both of my sight glasses on my buffer tank. Happens more when under pressure from solvent. These are supposed to be brand new. Do I need to just replace them?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this

2 Likes