Cleaning glass after pesticide contamination

Damn skippy, thanks for the low down!

I may have to try this kiln idea… athough it may push me to start making glass because id have a piece of the puzzle

1 Like

Still no glassbower?I have some recommendations for california.

Tom at techni glass in Windsor ca fixes all of my glass for me.

707-838-3325

2 Likes

No thats not the issue. The current one and the one issue ove had the whole time is capital. To start the project i need quite a bit and other projects keep getting in the way

I admire the do it yourself attitude. I’m right there with you, although currently I’m too busy to pick up that trade lol. I outsource glass, if it’s stainless, ptfe, electronic,or whatever else we make it here. Although a kiln as @TeachandTech recommended is certainly worth a try. You wanna make me some cows with a spherical vaccum takeoff to test out my spherical kf adapter? I’d have @Indofab rep it on his gram?

Email a drawing to me and I will have it made. jseims@23extracts.com

1 Like

I can have it made no problem, I was just seeing if @anon42519203 wanted the opportunity to rep his gear and such.

Acetone is a great solvent for cleaning dirty equipment, stainless or glassware. Highly polar, strong ability to dissolve caked-on extract, great solubility profile for pesticides, dries fast.

If you use hardware store grade acetone it is advisable to wash your equipment with distilled water or something prior to re-use after cleaning is completed.

Wouldn’t the use of distilled water on the glass become a contaminant, though? I wonder what else is in the acetone, I tried looking it up but was inconclusive. I only found it to be “100% acetone” but I don’t know if I believe the absolute.

Micro 90 or detonox work great for residue free cleaning. If you need to use it in a cip system you can use keylajet or lf2100. I usually use some solvent first to recover whatever lost material I can then go with one of the cleaning solutions mentioned above.

1 Like