Cleaning Crude

gamification theory…

2 Likes

I got extremely sick of dealing with cryo ethanol and needed to extract with room temp cda12

i created this process and it worked extremely well for me and got me from extracting 30 pounds a day screaming and losing fingertips to frostbite to 600 pounds easily and enjoyably, and arguably i was now making a higher quality oil because of all the filtering and washing

3 Likes

sorry not familiar with the code cda12?

I posted elsewhere…that I do not think the cyrostep in necessary.
can be eliminated…

1 Like

Cda-12 is the code for heptane denatured ethanol which is what a vast majority of ethanol labs use because of the federal excise tax that we should not have to pay.

Feds at TTB make getting an exemption from the federal excise tax for cannabis companies very difficult, even though by all means we should be able to easily obtain an MNBP (manufacturer of non beverage products) license and waive that $13 tax per gallon- they basically require a bribe to get the paperwork processed.

So we use this shitty heptane denatured crap that pulls more waxes and fats out due to the heptane and makes this three part azeotrope with water and makes extraction way less efficent esp cryo- the point of cryo is to not pull fats and waxes well guess what heptane loves, fats and waxes-

Anyway thats one reason i know a lot about fermenting ethanol cause i wanted to use clean ethanol and i was incentivized to make it myself and call it “fuel” for my agricultural equipment used to process my federally legal hemp EG my ethanol extractor.

V difficult to keep up with producing your extraction solvent on site using tomato paste and white sugar mash- i consider the ethanol i produced to be denatured just via the input ingredients it was disgustingly undrinkable swill-

I did completely freak out the ladies at the local wal mart at 1am coming to self check out with 500# of domino white sugar spread across three carts and 20 number ten cans of bulk tomato paste drunk as piss and cackling like a maniac.

“What are you going to do with all that sugar?”

“I am in for a sticky situation! A very sticky situation!”

“Tell me why you are buying all of the sugar in our wal mart young man.”

“I have a very sweet tooth, old lady!”

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?”

“I’m a sweet young man with a sweet tooth and i like sticky situations!!”

Ding. Ding. Ding.
My lantaaa

8 Likes

Cryo should be eliminated

To me it is a scam used by the equipment guys to sell big unnessescary chillers and make cannabis extraction as carbon unfriendly as possibly out of sheer laziness and greed.

The amount of energy required to run cryo extraction is obscene and absurd- we can work smarter and so much more efficiently and not punch holes in the ozone at stupid rates just cause chiller sales boys want a new bmw.

The volume of solvent required to extract, much higher the colder you go

That means a ton more energy evaporating that solvent- which took a ton of energy to chill down, and why? Ease of process, sort of- ease of selling a simpleton a lot of high cost high maintenance equipment and bulking your buildout cost with insulation and slow throughput. Ease of not having to train your clients on the intricacies of efficient chemical engineering.

The opposite of good science, science used to promote lazy greedy behavior that contributes to pollution and waste.

If you are a cryo ethanol extractor i automatically consider you to be a lower quality individual and likely the lowest hanging fruit picker on many different levels- cryo etoh processors and equipment companies who push that trashy process are the simps and chads of the cannabis industry.

I know this because when i knew nothing at all about what i was doing, cryo ethanol was the coolest best thing i knew nothing about.

There is an inverse relationship between the length of time and depth of knowledge and profitability- of processing, and the temperature of your solvent.

7 Likes

Wait no- not inverse

The warmer you go, the more money you make, the less you spend on build out, the greater depth of understanding and technical skill in process design, and the more i respect you - all inversely correlated with the amount of damage you do to the ozone by being an energy inefficient schmuck

I said inverse again. I like that word. I will figure out how to rephrase this and use the word properly.

Til then fuck cryo extraction.

1 Like

The whole entire point of RSO is to get a fully extracted plant. You want the chlorophyll and all the other goodies. Those things are actually super beneficial to the human body. If you want to make “RSO” and market it that way use good material. Fire in fire out.

If you want to take the crude to a great color decarb it, redilute, AC scrub over a DE cake.

The guy wants to take RSO input material and clean it using the solvents and medias he listed

Hes clearly not looking to sell Raw RSO
Your “entire point” is really missing the point @vortal

Not trying to be rude, i just thank that you are missing the point of OPs post

1 Like

I agree… Methods for elimination of chillers (except solvent recovery), are beneficial to the enviroment.Period.

I bet a green bussines model could be derived from this if it could handle ethanol.And just ethanol…

Eliminating a couple of the neurotoxic hazards along the way…

So like the write up, just would love to elimintate the alkanes… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Heptane is the least toxic alkane Afaik and its hifh bp purging issue is assisted with its acetone azeotrope tremendously
If you ste making distillate it wont be an issue either

2 Likes

Never played with anything like that… Rather scared of anything above three carbons :slight_smile: .

I also thought cryo was the bell of the ball a long time aswell so… :slight_smile:

And neber understood the apeal of distilate, other than making isolates… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think him saying “clean up RSO crude” pushed my assumption. I dont know why he even mentioned RSO if it wasn’t in his scope. Why not just call it crude?

2 Likes

Might try this one cause all of the fastened rock growing hype :slight_smile: I habe a 90%isoprppanol:10% heptane mixed for cleaning glass

1 Like

@DeadDog is it dark green viscous and smells bad?
to this day I don’t know where that shit comes from…china in white buckets?
@Rowan that’s some funny Wal mart shit

2 Likes

Thank you, Rowan. I appreciate your help and the clarity regarding the whole process. :call_me_hand:

And when going after constituents for “RSO” type extracts for
anticancer effect, something one might consider which differs greatly from cannabinoic acid extraction:
“The potential pharmaceutical uses of flavonoids, spanning from anti-inflammatories to anti-cancer therapies, are boosting interest in these compounds particularly as the entourage effects afforded by cannabis metabolite profiles become better understood (Tomko et al., 2020; Bautista et al., 2021). As flavonoids are produced primarily in cannabis leaves, not the inflorescences (Jin et al., 2020)
the present article will focus on cannabinoids and terpenes.”

Maybe the black goey stuff is what you want?

1 Like

Heptane will extract flavanoids (yellow stuff)

3 Likes

Wouldnt that not be beneficial if you wanted to make edibles or would it be un desirable flavonoids

1 Like

It’s a good solvent for pulling them off the biomass

2 Likes

Flavonoids are highly medicinal

2 Likes