Chromatography Units for CBD Isolation

Novasep Makes a pretty good continuous and its freaking brilliant, it automatically ratifies and pulls off. NOVASEP | Services and technologies for the life science and chemical industries - Novasep

Here is a cool video explaining its awesomeness.

3 Likes

imageI want one of these systems with the solvent recycling system. I haven’t heard back from them for a quote. I’m wondering if they think I can’t afford a million dollar setup. Sure, something worth below $100/g…but what if you don’t just run Cannabis…?

Any takers? (I’m only half kidding) There’s a lot of cheap, terrible material from Asia that can be bought and purified and resold. Pictured above is an example of an item I developed. Profit ~$250/g. 1 step synthesis from commercially available materials. I could start making it tomorrow in my lab with just one tank of argon and some supplies from emerald scientific. But I digress…the people who make Cannabis oil are medicinal chemist as far as I’m concerned.

Does anyone have quotes for the Varicol series? Or a distributor phone number? The one in the US is essentially a CMO/consulting group.

3 Likes

What’s the best and cheapest supplier of c18 you have found

I miss you , but I know you are still watching

3 Likes

Complete newbie Michigan hemp processor, very interested in column dcvc chromatography to remove thc from crude, hope to scale to 200g batches of cbd crude, and currently debugging with a small bench setup, but lots of questions.

1. I would rather use reverse phase since I can use safer solvents, 85/15 methanol or ethanol in water, but cant afford typical c18 costs for large scales. Seems like old school researchers made their own with paraffin or silicone coated “Kieselgur” which I had to look up, and os D.E. Anyone ever dabble with this? I tried heating freshwater diatomaceous earth to 300f to dry it out and mixee with food grade silicone, and seems very hydrophobic and packs nicely but haven’t run it yet
  2. I struggle with reason for using step vs gradient vs isochratic solvents. If I use isochratic, seems like easier to reuse. Plus, HPLC seems to rely on isochratic in that you arent dipping the plate in multiple solutions. How much is lost and why not use isochratic?
  3. Would prefer wet loading, how viscous is ideal? Am going to try a 10% load to CV ratio, any hints on optimizing max size of load vs cv?
1 Like