Chromatography as a new 'loophole' to recent IFR from DEA

Guys when they say ‘dry’ weight basis they mean the absence of water. Doesn’t mean organic solvent

2 Likes

there are some reactions of cbd that do not isomerize to thc before going to there final goal.

they have been of interest to others here but are not my concern so I shall leave them
anonymous for now:)

Presuming there is enough of a demand to justify that product. The lack of fda guidance has put a lid on the industry.

Right about the time we finally drive out every farmer and processor with threat of imprisonment, the fda will finally get out of the way of cbd regulation. Then only the largest companies will be able to enter the space, growing and processing abroad, then importing for resale at a huge profit.

1 Like

why not just synth the stuff and be done with it.

I think I could probably TS CBD cheaper than you could sell it to me anyway.
then there is no THC bullshit at all.

pity it would be though as natural is often better

5-Pentylresorcinol the base ingredient can be had for $30 a kilo.

I am surprised the chinese have not squashed the market with $100 kilos of the stuff

1 Like

I believe dry weight means your product/solution needs to be cooked at 100c for X amount of time before they test it. I.e You can’t dissolve extract in solvent down to complaint levels just so the receiving party can concentrate it back into an illegal product. However something like MCT should pass this test and allow for tinctures.

Making cbd with gmo bacteria is another possibility.

youre missing the point that via a series of LLE purification steps ( I believe you yourself once said that LLE is the future…) its never concentrated past 0.3 ever-

1 Like

I would think it would be much like cpc but using gravity and buoyancy rather than centrifugal force.

cpc does well for separation there is a guy pushing a pretty smick machine in my separation thread.

looks way expensive though.

one of the largest international entities in this industry is sitting on approx 5 million worth of CPC equipment that they haven’t fired up in 18+ months due to solvent reclaim issues and regulatory implications on the back end. I’ll take that as a lesson to shift interests away from industrial CPC unless there’s a pharmaceutical reason to do so (i.e. you’ve transitioned into phase 2 clinical trials and need purified materials for in vivo studies, which is what those machines are utilized for), and, if I had the knowledge, toward servicing that niche of the industry for solvent reclaim on a massive scale (think @Kingofthekush420 with skids for nano filtration/sovlent separation via nano filtration rather than FFE which relies on evaporation).

Relative to gravity and buoyancy, interesting concept, and potentially useful for HU-331 remediation and subsequent purification, which has a higher molecular mass than d8/d9/CBD/etc. Not really translatable to separation of cannabinoids at an industrial scale–the relative retention times in solvents (i.e. relying on solvent-specific affinity) provide a much larger window for separation.

3 Likes

That was before the DEA emphasised the dry weight requirements…

1 Like

There was a fairly big synthetic cbd company 2-3 years ago, name I can’t recall. If they’re still around I’m sure they’ll get some new business.

3 Likes