Chlorfenapyr remediation - tell me why this is a bad idea

Also run that shit through T-5 see what happens- bentonite is amazing stuff

I supplied to sources in my original post.

The information on how and which degradants are formed is also discusses their relative toxicity at the LD50 level. The information from the EPA on this pesticide product is also specific on the LD50 reporting - and they clearly say not to use things for human consumption because they decided this specific pesticide was not safe to be used in or around food.

Thatā€™s good enough for me. The EPA allows all kinds of toxic substances to be used on food all the time. This is not one of those toxic substances.

Your process totally interests me and Iā€™m very grateful that you are discussing your methods here so we can all learn together.

My biggest concern is that if its being detected - then you know someone is using a pesticide on a product for human consumption that is not intended for that purpose. It would be a whole lot easier if people didnā€™t use this kind of stuff in the wrong way - thereā€™s a lot of pesticides and many of them work for the same pests. No reason to use one that isnā€™t designed for that purpose. :frowning:

I also come from the FDA side of things. If we had any documentation or knowledge at all that there was something unintended in our products and we tried to sell it - thatā€™s called adulteration. Even if it was miniscule amounts. Adulteration causes recalls. Intentional/willful adulteration sends people to prison.

So know thatā€™s where my experience comes from when Iā€™m sharing the process and also discussing that since you donā€™t know its safe and its not intended to be in your products, there could be consequences. Especially if you are in CA - they like to smash people just out of principle over thereā€¦

Thank you so much for sharing with us. And I really hope you keep letting us know how it goes. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A little late but I read the whole study and it actually doesnā€™t say anything about the toxicity of the byproducts. The one study of chlorfenapyr byproducts shows that there is a toxic one that is only known to form when broken down by digestion

For acetone nitril the still have to be in accitic form to be not soluble

1 Like