Chemtech, VTA/Root Sciences, Beaker and Wrench?

The last jacketed body I used also had a measurably lower temp at the top oil outlet (3ish degrees) than the inlet. We both obviously have our preferences. Can we at least agree that glass bodies are stupid other than being used as training wheels?

2 Likes

100%, only thing cool about glass is being able to see wtf is going on.

Steel ftw all day

2 Likes

Not yet, I think one of the plates is overheating and causing a section of our evaporator to just burn and char everything that touches it. Hoping to have it fixed soon or probably just going to scrap it, get a china unit and swap out all the chillers and pumps for better ones. The steel framework they’ve put together really isn’t bad for the hemp world of high throughput.

I’ve worked with the following in professional settings and this is my basic take on all of them:

6" Steel body pope - wasn’t impressed, mainly vacuum issues and inability to maintain consistent parameters because of those vacuum issues. Probably wouldn’t buy for a mid-large scale operation, great for small scale with a cheap price tag for start ups

KD10 from chemtech - loved everything about it except for the bell jars, add some gear pumps on the discharge and that things good to go for mid-level runs, also swap out the feed pump, running ethanol crude you’ll break sheer pins once a week on that thing and its just annoying more than anything.

Steel & Glass VTA - my second favorite to run on by far, easy maintenance as long as you know how to troubleshoot vac leaks on a wiper you should have no other problems with this system (they provide stoppers for every joint just for that issue), again the gear pumps will jam up on you from char so you will need to take them apart and clean them often but that should be part of your routine maintenance.

HVE - so far I like it a little better than the 6" pope just because there’s very few places to experience any leaks thanks to the kf fittings, only issue I’m having right now is with the heating plates and maintaining consistent temperatures. It could be because I purchased it secondhand and this is just an issue the previous owner knew about and didn’t care to fix. If that’s the case I won’t hold it against them as the system itself is fairly easy to run and definitely keeps up with the advertised throughput (we added a peristaltic pump to the feed side for more consistent feed rates)

Delta Sep Rolled Film - Favorite system by far, we added some beaker and wrench gear pumps to the discharge and this thing hums at 4+ liters an hour without breaking a sweat, best “high-end system” throughput by far with the lowest vacuum I’ve been able to achieve on any system while operating, as well as the quietest system you will ever operate, huge quality with a huge price tag to match

hope some of that helps, feel free to PM me with any specific questions you might have about any machine in particular

3 Likes

I have not heard anyone talk about Delta’s system so I am interested in hearing more. Do you find the cannabinoid efficiency to be as good as VTA?

Also, I was wondering go you have you tried the whole system from Beaker and Wrench?

Chemtec and VTA each have quite a price tag and crazy 5 month lead-times compared to both B&W and Delta, but so far everyone has told me they are more for a reason.

Thanks for writing!