Chemistry books

Chemistry: a volatile history is a great documentary describing the end of alchemy and the beginning of chemistry; the discovery of pure elements is similarly discussed as a transition from alchemical transmutation to physical chemistry.

5 Likes

You want to get him a few social engineering books. It’s a little scary to introduce tomyour own child, but you can always study up too :wink:

4 Likes

Soc Eng is the most useful skill I have ever learned

1 Like

The phone booth social engineering done on stage @ DEFCON and their associated Lockpick Village they usually host are the best.

Teams get a week or two of OSINT on a Fortune 500 they pick from a hat. Goal is to escalate “privileges” to get flags. Pretty high speed shit.

DEFCON and Chaos Comm. Congress are the best of the best in an unwashed ketchup stained shirt.

This is what I’m currently stuck into… likely too advanced for your boy right now, but who knows… kids are crazy smart nowadays.

2 Likes

I would like to Highly Suggest a chemistry model kit (Get a nice biochem one and he can keep it for a long time), as well as any and all of the " The Cartoon Guide to [most science topics]" By Larry Gonick. I would probably not start buying ones that are not relevant to your chem kid’s interests, but I personally found the books to be applicable to even later grade school courses.

3 Likes

He likes all books as far as I can tell. Only 8 year old I know with college textbooks next to his Paw Patrol sticker book. He loves to learn and is just stuck on Science and Math.

4 Likes

Just got his timeline of his life back today.