CBN creating

if it wriggles, it’s biology
if it smells bad, it’s chemistry
if it doesn’t work, its physics

why would a PhD Physicist have any clue a priori on how to make distillate?

9 Likes

to better your rep by holding you up as an example of who to &^(@#$&)(#@ing buy a clue from…

which was going well for a about 2hrs :wink:

the only dis was that you were asking for a percentage…

which is a non-issue now you transitioned to a defined $ amount for said clue.

(least that’s how it reads from the cheap seats)

4 Likes

Where have I ever asked for a % of something?

1 Like

dunno. I was translating from the cheap seats.

2 Likes

You may have seen me talking about a guy who said he requires a % of whatever client he offers his service to be all in end product & basically said that whoever worked with him had to pay royalties that’s not me

4 Likes

yep. I did. it wasn’t me that got it wrong.

AND here it is for those following along at home…

I was just trying to smooth those ruffled feathers by translating for you…

5 Likes

That’s me calling that guy out I have never asked any of my clients for percentage, I’ve had clients try to even offer me product I refuse to accept that as I can make it myself. I charge a flat rate, always have always will.

2 Likes

:kiss: all good man. sorry if my attempt to make it better made it worse.

4 Likes

I’m chill don’t worry, just having a shit day stuck in Atlanta airport overnight. It’s just some wording from this post that doesn’t hit the ear properly, sorry for any fuss :call_me_hand:t3:

4 Likes

Guess my choice of words mesed up things a bit sorry for that
Base line
get educated by a pro
Don t nag about his fee
Make responsible products
:+1:

5 Likes

I have sexdaily ,arghh I mean dyslexia
Fcuk

Rectifying a wrong posted member
My apologies to @Cheebachiefextracts

6 Likes

I appreciate y’all @Roguelab

4 Likes

Hello Chemphox,

I am getting everything ready to try to use your method. My goal is to convert the 3-5% THC from CBD distillate, and not to destroy the CBD or convert it to THC.

I am thinking to get the 5 liter reactor with 30 watt UVC light as shown in the attached image, but to add add a vacuum filter below the reactor for use in filtering. Then I was thinking to distill the oil to remove remaining TIO2.

Please let me know if you think I am on the right track with this reactor or if you think I should not buy it for this use.

Many Thanks

IMG_5318

Tried to buy iodine last week, got denied

Idk where all these people who say they can just grab it up are getting it but clearly it’s not that easy

Useless the cbd will react to cbd quinone

Hey there Roguelab, I have not done much research on CBD Quinone and am curios if you know if CBD Quinone would test, and have effects/unction similar to CBD.

Many thanks

1 Like

This tech is to obtain cbn higher concentrations
Thc to cbn is a short path
Cbd to cbn is a long path
For remediation of thc from cbd distillates this is not the way
Oven teck
Or molsieves 3a by @Termite
Are better options

2 Likes

Quinone is not safe for human consumption (maybe if you can do very strict testing and research but

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/acs.chemrestox.6b00256#

Hey there, I’m confused by your suggestion regarding Quinone. In particular, I am looking at
https://cbdsup.nl/en/cbd-hq/, where they sell CBD HQ (CBD Hydroxy Quinone) as a premium product.

I feel that use of UVC light, high stir, 200C temperature and TiO2 as a photo catalyst for say 3 hours end up with a percent or two CBN from the 3% thc and a bit of CBD converted into CBD HQ, with the rest of the mix being mostly CBD.

Ya I got really excited about CBD quinone last year and @Roguelab knows some good conversion techniques from what I remember. Also met a chemist from Eastern Europe who used heterogeneous catalysts for quinone.
But, until you have some serious clinicals and efficacy and safety tests and studies done — you could really fuck someone up with a quinone. I don’t know but I don’t know anyone else who does either. They are reactive and toxic generally…

This is one of the things inwouldnt want to go first on but…
I hope someone’s else can offer an opinion because the conversion was very successful and relatively easy