Cbda precipitation etoh and water?

&^#$)(@ cold useless flocculating loucher!

:joy: :rofl: :joy:

4 Likes

Anybody have yield numbers for louching into a nonpolar layer or is that what your 60% number was? We see better yield washing the alcohol with non-polar without louching

1 Like

60% was louching with no non polar layer.

3 Likes

i dont have my SPD yetā€¦ and i want to try cbd cristals with a refined oilā€¦( low yield and the effort and cost in ReX but i want to try) and by the way for play a little if can preserv the terps with out heat all the crude for the descarboxilation ā€¦
with pentane was my original idea in extreme cold and with time maybe can separete in layers or precipitate. Making a reserch i find this patent but i dont know what i will do nowā€¦

the thing now i start doing the extract of cbd rich flowers and something happen y the roto flask when most all ethanol evaps

i make a extract with etoh at -70 C total time 15 minuts soak time with drain and two washes.
filter very cold in the moment after doing the extract with a lab grade paper( i dont know the microns)
then the total extract at room temp filter 2 times with a cake of 60:25:15bentonite:celite:carbon%
evap under vacuum at 40 C
the pics are in orderā€¦
the extract (the glass have condensation not waxy)
the filters papers,
the extract filteredā€¦
and the last two is what i says beforā€¦thats happen in the flaskā€¦I tried with my tongue to see if it was sugar ā€¦is it a little salty and I pricked my tongue quite a bit, a little strong. Then I saw if it dissolved in tap water but melt a kind of white film that not disolve
i see some post that maybe are gums? can be? short time contact with eto and that temps? and filtered?
thanks

1 Like

Grab a sample and get it tested; if lab testing isnt available a few things you can do;

Do a beam test; search on here for the method;
Do a decarb test to see if its CBDA
Take a small portion of the material in question with a small spatula(make sure itā€™s free of solvent); heat this material, and observe it; if you see tons and tons of tiny; similar sized bubbles BEFORE it starts boiling then its decarbing.

2 Likes

Hi, thanks a lot rock.
I filter the stuff and dryā€¦ is inmisible in water and yes in ethanolā€¦but have a resiud that not disolveā€¦i do a mini rex of the thing. And i finish with a powder crytals white and the resiuda litlle brown.
I will make a beam test laterā€¦

In other handā€¦i make a experiment because i dont care a shit the extractā€¦ was very redā€¦ in a experiment months ago i make a ascorbic acid thing and i finish with a yellow extract very goodā€¦
Now i disolve 100gr of red crude in 400 ml of ethanol put in the stir and i add 25ml of water with 0.7 g of citric acid and 0.7 of ascorbic acid to the solutionā€¦ This was very funny of watching jaja. Evrything cloud and in secondosā€¦a lot star to precipitate and form a thing very solid white like rocks in the bottomā€¦ The solution clarific a little and have some precipitate very small make a little turbidā€¦ Now i will filter separet the rocksā€¦and add a little more of water acid to see if happen somthing againā€¦if notā€¦i will filter with a celite cake and evaporateā€¦
And star to study the rocks.

Sorry the english
Regards

1 Like

The rocks are stick and disolv in water and the weigth is the some of acid adittion ā€¦so is the acid.
Now i will disolv some acid in alcohol and do a scrub with bentonite that is what i do in the past and finish with a yelow oilā€¦after doing a lle . I dont rembember well the steps for no take notesā€¦

I test withthe tonge and was more salti than acidā€¦ like terpensā€¦strongā€¦ smells kind sweetā€¦ and is like a gum sticky is wet with something that is hard to dry ā€¦maybe some terpene
15872484418252466269114318867999|375x500