CBDA Crashing

I only asked because it was over days, not hours. Even low temp can eventually decarb over time, no?

Ive been concidering something simple like this to separate the sugar from the liquid for further testing

https://ypsioil.com/50ml-x-6-site-centrifuge-4-000rpm

5 Likes

Heres something Ill throw in the wheel house. This is some 3:1 CBD to THC that has been at room temp in a 500ml beaker with a sight glass over the top and showed signed of crystallization around 60 days. It has been going for around 6 months now as a R&D project just to see what happens over time. COA shows this material is coming in at 52%CBD and .1% CBDa. Just some cool crystal formation for everyone

3 Likes

Looks nice! Id be interested in a test of those crystals to see if they are CBDa, THCa or a combination of both. The material Iā€™m speaking of was below LOQ for delta 9 with around 2% THCa

CBDA does not just naturally crystalize in oil in my experience. Have you actually gotten this tested? Iā€™d bet itā€™s not CBDA.

3 Likes

I have not isolated it from the crude as Iā€™m not sure of the best way to do it, test results support it being CBDA though

1 Like

Throw it in a 'fuge

1 Like

no need to isolate for a test result :slight_smile: be pretty crazy if it was CBDA.

You got any idea what it is? Im pretty sure its CBDa and the test results pretty much support that conclusion. But the whole reason I made this thread was to get opinions from anyone why might know for sure

Iā€™d bet THCA or CBD but without seeing a test result I honestly have no idea. Can you post the test result? Structure of those crystals makes me think THCA though but structure doesnā€™t mean much.

Its reacting similar to growing thca in terps, If it is cbda, iā€™d say cold crash the next run and try capping it or going at a lower temp for a longer period like 70 to try to get the next run to make larger crystals that you can pull out to have tested.

This is less than 3% THCa, less than 1% CBD, and below LOQ for delta9. I donā€™t have the test results on my phone but Iā€™ll take a pic when I get to the lab.

Also Iā€™ll be in Portland tomorrow through Monday if anyone seeing this would like to try some first hand Iā€™m just looking for honest feedback.

Thatā€™s insane. Have you been able to do it again? Youā€™d have a gold mine on your hands!

1 Like

Anyone know anything about CBDa being used to keep CBD disti runny for vape carts? Iā€™ve heard it mentioned but nothing beyond that.

Can anyone tell me what the rest of the stuff is that gets removed with distillation is? Unknown cannabinoids, junk?

Did you ever get lab test results?

I have some cbd crude i forgot about and it is probably 90% crystals,

1 Like

Our grow has a 1:1 thc:cbd strain that we have been processing for years now, and it has NEVER been able to be turned into a sugar, or wax. No matter how long you whip it, what temperatures you use, dewax vs non, propane vs blend vs butane. We have never succeeded in turning it into anything other than a shatter that is very much more stickier than any of the other shatters.

We also grow a strain that is 20:1 cbd:thc and has the same results, although the shatters are even far more ā€œstickierā€ in terms of when you go to flip, etc.

Edit:
I also want to add we recently even attempted a fresh frozen run, non dewaxed with butane @ -40c, and placed in our N.B.Oler miners with the Adj. PRV and after two weeks, still nothing. Attempted to whip it before giving up just to be sure, and it still came out as ā€œsapā€ (shatter)
I have always been under the impression the reason these strains refuse to nucleate is due to the CBDa that is present. There must be some interaction between the two?

2 Likes

Shatter & sugar are formed from a crystal lattice. Cbd-a doesnā€™t crystalize very well, in the same way THC doesnā€™t (but thc-a does). Itā€™s likely there just no way this lattice will form properly, so youā€™re unlikely to get anything stiff

1 Like

Yeah I have heard that it could help with crystal inhibition also. Thanks for sharing this! Good to know.

Do it