CBD to D8/D9 to CBN SOP (free)

There are multiple ways to look at it, /\H is what you are talking about, the products are either more or less stable than the reactants. I am a chemist so I am also interested in the equilibrium which takes into account the /\S and T part. So depending on the entropy and temperature a process can exothermic in /\H but for entropy reasons not be spontaneous.

It’s been awhile so my verbiage might be off.

HELLO TO ALL OF YOU.

We are Medcolcanna from Colombia. We grow all legal marijuana on 8 hectares in greenhouses.
After we process to extracts and CBD isolates and distillates. We are looking for consultancy to transform the CBD isolates and distillates to other cannabinoids like d8 and CBN. from out plants we have enough d9. our cbd capacity is 100 kg per month. We sell only medical application. Persons interested to consult us can contact me here or on hhids@medcolcanna.com. our lab is well equiped and we employ process and chemical engineers.

1 Like

In this SOP step 2 the conversion from thc to cbn is mentioned
“Add 3L of a high boiling solvent (bp needs to be around 130*C+)”
Which solvent is suitable for this reaction?

toulene is a commonly used high BP solvent… but this SOP is not really an sop i would suggest following.

1 Like

do you have a better free alternative ?

I don’t know what all the cool kids are doing, but you can make CBN from d8/d9 by adding in a small % of palladium on carbon (maybe 1-3%) and then nuking the oil at 180C for a short period of time - knowing how long was the tricky part - too long and you’ll have nothing left lol. I only attempted a couple times, but was unable to get over 50%. Clean up and execution is easy, just filter out the palladium. Just search “palladium” or something on this forum for more info

“aromatization” was a good search term on google scholar

This info might also be worth trying:

3 Likes

Hey, this patent is only incidentally about making CBN. The proximate purpose was a method for the selective oxidation of THC in the presence of other cannabinoids. Its more about quinone reactivity and selective catalysis.

Regarding making CBN: Tells you why chloranil sucks, gives alternative reagents.

But no, thats not the way the cool kids do it :wink: You can nuke cannabinoids in a bunch of different ways if what you want to do is detect CBN in the final crude. Big difference between that and a viable process to a crystalline solid.

1 Like

What I am searching is a reagent that can Nuke thc to kingdom come at room temperature don t care wtf it ends like
Yust make it disappear +- 3% any idea ??

3% is total cannabinoid content of this crude/waste that I need it removed from

To nuke EVERYTHING? Or just D9

1 Like

enlighten me dad

All cannabinoids
But at room temp

My group has a very robust method to CBN, if you would be interested in the technology.

1 Like

Heh, conc. sulfuric :wink:

1 Like

Yes that s the first that came to mind
Worked with it wayyy back with the idea to kill chlorofyl o boy not a good idea
Thx gona see what it does

It will nuke cannabinoids in MeOH at 1M maybe slightly above :slight_smile: It gonna nuke a lot of other shit too, be warned

2 Likes

Yes most likely :joy::joy::joy: damn stuff has no mercy

1 Like

equilibrium

if you don’t give a shit about your product (and customer), that’s exactly the route you should take

Was just for fun damn chill son lol

i’m sure it was