CBD > D8/D9 Mechanics (New Paper)

Cash money player.

Now pay up.

Pimpin ain’t easy and Roiplek don’t help for free.

5 Likes

I don’t want no trouble…
:moneybag: Can I get a receipt?

1 Like

Axin bout receipts an checks. Yous sound like a narc. I see you tryina hide hind that cute ass cat. Games up.

@TheFeds come get cher boi

3 Likes

UH OH! Jigs up…better change cats.

3 Likes

Check out my post history, it’s free and very helpful :spoon:

5 Likes
2 Likes

“The best results were obtained with eluent F, hexane–diethyl
ether (80:20, v/v) (Table I), which allowed a clean separation of ∆8-
THC, ∆9-THC, CBN, and CBD (Figure 1)”

This eluent did not yield satisfactory results for me. D8 and D9 are too close with manual vs. automated TLC spotting, so unless you have a Linomat or ATS, you’ll need some luck telling the two spots apart.

6 Likes

I wasn’t satisfied with 8:2, too. If you reduce the amount of DEE, you get a quite good separation between CBD, d8 and d9.

Tried a lot of eluents (except any kind of chloroform) and Hexane:DEE worked the best for me so far. I often had problems with tailing or much worse separation.

8 Likes

Talking about scalability, do you think it’s more of a time/temp part of the process, weight and volume of solvent and acid, or a combination of those factors? I’ve worked with both of the solvent and acid, just never together.

With heptane and ptsa I’ve been able to scale that rather large (same with ethanol and phosphoric).

I’ve always loved chemistry and have a pretty good grasp on it (was actually going for my chemical engineering degree before my car accident a quarter of a century ago (geez, I’m showing my age :joy:)) but, trying to wrap my head around this scalability issue.

Guess it’s time to dive in and try out all the hypothesis that I mentioned.

Thanks for your contribution to the community and in advance to any advice (or not) ahead of time :facepunch:t3:

6 Likes

Hi guys and gals

Maybe this video has already been posted here, I found it very interesting and maybe it can be of help to somebody.

Have a good day

2 Likes

Where did you end up on the ratios? That’s a good looking separation!

I’m also curious, how are you guys making your standards?

I weigh my CBD or any other cannabinoid on a precision scale and dilute it with ethanol to 5mg/ml
You can use other solvents. Its important that it evaporates fast.
I have a lot of etho on hand, thats why I use it

3 Likes

Deleted meant to dm

1 Like

Kinda ambiguous but, it’s a nice start into it.

@Labwork
Have you try 5% ether / 95% pet ether on standard silica 60 TLC plates?
Ive seen good seperation with CBD D9 and D8 like that however I did not try with cbn…

No, I have no pet ether on hand.
I tried hexane, heptane, ethyl acetate, acetic acid, polar express, ethanol, water, acetone, diethyl ether, toluene.

Mixed them together according to all the papers I found on researchgate about cannabinoid TLC.

I stopped trying around, because DEE:hexane was sufficient for my needs.

Chloroform with dichlormethan or 1.2-dichlorethan was mentioned in some papers.
Toluene-chloroform-methanol 100:10:1 also.

3 Likes

only D8 no D9 This way.

1 Like

You tried it? I was curious myself, did you dry your toluene appropriately?

Drying the toluene isn’t going to do anything when you use monohydrate PTSA

2 Likes

i did not dry toluene and got 95% d8

2 Likes