Cart/Dispo auto filler questions

Curious and have a few questions about auto fillers. Prices seem to range from like 12-16k new. Anyone know if the ones from China for 5k are any good?

If anyone has any experience with them please let me know. Please don’t just say they suck if you have no knowledge of them.

Would you look for a used like Jet or Thompson instead?

I’m looking to make 10-20k dispos per month.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Better off with a Cart Farmer big time if that’s all you’re going to be making in a month’s time. Save yourself the money and headache of replacing parts from an overseas vendor because that will eventually happen at some point.

7 Likes

Cart farmer is what price? From last time I checked the site it was semi auto. Currently I don’t have a large staff so I’m looking to automate as much as possible.

1 Like

Yes but honestly I wouldn’t trust automated solutions from overseas vendors. That sounds like a customer service nightmare in the making with a lot of downtime sprinkled in between. Once you get the farmer dialed in you can easily fill a thousand or so within an hour so the 20k mark would be no issue if you’ve got an operator that knows the ins and outs of it

2 Likes

Right now I can do over 500 an hour just with a regular syringe. Hmmm so cart farmer would prob cut time in half.

Does cleaning it take time/effort?

1 Like

Not really at all - super easy to clean compared to a larger system. Most of the time i get by with just running some fresh iso through it but its easy to disassemble for a deep clean with minimal chances for a “where the fuck does this part go” situation

Pricing looks like about 155 - just under 5k for their offerings for a full kit depending on how big you go. I personally run their smallest but i also don’t do a ton of carts. Works awesome with rosin too

2 Likes

Not to mention that once you get dialed in for a specific hardware, you will have to re-dial it in if you change to another hardware. CF will fill any (probably) cart you can fit the needle into

3 Likes

How curious?

Because this topic HAS been explored in great depth around here…

Help the next guy. Link the threads you’ve read!
Ask about specific cart fillers (and or list all the ones you’ve read about)

I think we’re at 700k and counting on our Xylem X3 Cart Filler and it has given us a solid 1200 carts/hr with very little down time.

Yeah I feel that but they’re all luer lock needles which should be super easy to replace. I was really hoping to hear from someone that ordered one from overseas. I’m going to keep trying to research and hope I stumble upon some more info.

https://future4200.com/search?context=topic&context_id=215555&q=Cart%20filler&skip_context=true

Lots to read…

Getting a cartfarmer while you dig in would not be a horrible approach

3 Likes

Bless you brother! Super helpful to hear. I am new to the forum but you are correct I should research a bit more before posting. Do you think it would be difficult to use the machine for disposables? They tend to have a small hole that I would assume needs good precision.

1 Like

You’d have to talk to xylem on that…

Once you run across the video you’ll understand why.

Speaking of…: Can I get some cart filling videos for Https://cartfilling.info

Grab a k4 with a cold filling syringe setup will be versatile with whatever hardware you want to use without needing jigs etc. your scale is very small no need to spend all that

1 Like