Cannabis Derived Terpenes and Terpene Processing

Krinkle,

I apologize for the inconvenience. I just launched the site and we are still debugging.
I will fix the problem and respond letting you know when it gets updated.

2 Likes

Both of those look damn tasty, and I am in love with these all ceramic carts!

3 Likes

Thanks! Let me know if you plan on doing that sample pack suggested earlier. Very interested.

4 Likes

Hey Gang!

I fixed the shipping bug on our website. Let me know if you have any problems.

As promised I am offering a discount code here for Forum and GLG members

Go to https://www.hifiterpenes.com/

Put the number of samples you wish to purchase in your cart and checkout.

GLG Members use discount code: GLG4200
Forum Members use code: FORUM4200

I will post Complience Test Results as soon as I receive them.

Let me know if you have any questions or issues with the ordering process.

Stay Terpy My Friends!

4 Likes

Are you extracting from Cannabis for your terpenes?

@710TrapJesus

These are derived from Oregon hemp cannabis strains.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had @kenzyme process material for me.
The terpenes came out phenomenal!
Came out smelling & tasting like a cured version of the Live Resin we ran on the exact same material.
Only thing it compares to is HTE.
Steam distillation & botanical sourced arenā€™t even close.
Had almost no Cannabinoid loss on the material. Basically just de-carded it. Made it a hell of a lot easier to process the material after the terp pull.
Getting better yields on crude than the Twister trim anyway. Having him run more

4 Likes

Hey @kenzyme thanks for all of this. Is there any info you can share that differentiates between vacuum and steam distillation?

Hey DustyD!

Steam distilled terpenes contain plant flavenoids due to the polar nature of the water used in steam form.
The conditions for steam distillation are somewhat harsh and result in terpene isomerization and degradation.

My vacuum distillation process uses ZERO solvents and due to high vacuum levels requires lower process temperatures in an oxygen free environment which prevents isomerization and degradation.

Steam distilled terpenes smell boring/neutral often with notes of pickle juice (for lack of a better term)

The vacuum distilled terpenes are much much higher quality (even steam distilled terp guys have told me this).

3 Likes

@kenzyme that all makes sense, and I would really like to try to vacuum distill my own small batch hemp terps. Is there any resource you can point me towards for the tek or set up?

2 Likes

What are you guys using for 1 ml packaging? I just sent out some samples and they all leaked like crazy

1 Like

The best ive had is 1ml boston rounds with ptfe tape as a seal

3 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what I did with the ptfe tape. But I used amber 1 ml (1/4 dram) essential oil vials from amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Simple-Bottle-Sample-Essential-Travel/dp/B01A6W0EQG

They all leaked

2 Likes

I also started with that type of sample bottles. I PTFE taped the heck out of them and only had a few that leaked, but I still wasnā€™t satisfied and it was a PITA to PTFE tape samples (time=money)

I have since switched to 2mL HPLC sample vials such as these -
https://www.amazon.com/Amber-Autosampler-Writing-Silicone-Thread/dp/B07BK3ZSND/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=hplc+sample+vials+2ml&qid=1575400333&sr=8-3

6 Likes

And no leaks?

2 Likes

I started with autos ampler vials but they have bigass slits in themā€¦ how do you stop leaks?

Iā€™m using 5ml vials with droppers from discount vials and have had no leaks with those. Usually heat sealing in a mylar envelope and then vac sealing that.

1 Like

Ive had terps in those 2ml sampler vials, for over 2 years now, no leakage. Maybe tighten them more?

2 Likes

gotta use ptfe linerā€™d closures. JG Finneran has the goods

1 Like

Iā€™ve also had terps in those glass luer lock syringes for 2 years no leaks but the silicone compatibility makes me not want to use them.

2 Likes