Cannabinoids from algae

So back to hops can produce cannabinoids, lol.

@Renchi

That claim was proven false, the product was called ImmunAg and the “proprietary strain” of hops was being called Humulus kriya (hops is Humulus Lupus). The guy Bomi Joseph defrauded Isodiol for millions and is a proven con artist

Hops does not does produce cannabinoids.

This is why fraud is so bad, just like vaccines causing autism being false and all started by a fraudulent study; The idea of hops producing cannabinoids will likely never go away.

People will parrot false information endlessly, fun stuff

I spend a considerable amount of time in the lab proving claims of other companies as false. Someone tells an owner X is possible , then I have to waste time proving X can’t happen even though I tell them in the first place.

Stop spreading false information because it sounds cool

Hops DOES NOT produce cannabinoids of any kind and for some reason have to that includes THC

3 Likes

Well since it produces thc I incorrectly wrote cannabinoids.

Edit: I’m gonna stop trolling you now.

IT DOES NOT PRODUCE THC, Thc is a cannabinoid, HOPS DOES NOTPRODUCE CANNABINOIDS

1 Like

Thanks for trolling and spreading false information.

You are the problem

I wasn’t trolling in the beginning, I was just wrong. It was just when you got mad that I trolled you a tiny bit.

That’s dumb, there’s no place for trolling on a site like this. It’s all about spreading information, if you are willingly spreading false information to get some kicks then none of this works.

Back to the original point…

I’m apologizing. I should not have yanked your chain like that. Call it poor decisions on a Saturday night. And you are right, it was the first and last time I will engage in such behavior on this site. You know I don’t spread misinformation knowingly.

3 Likes

You have a pretty wild approach to trying to communicate with people. Why on earth would you automatically assume we want to produce THC of all things from yeast? It’s one of the cheapest cannabinoids and there’s no scarcity of supply. This is a pretty ridiculous point to use for your argument when we all know there are several cannabinoids that only occur in trace amounts with a long list of industry applications. Are you arguing that nothing is commercially sourced from yeast? If so this is just absurd.

Was being trolled with verifiably false information and he apologized. That was about hops as well, not about microorganisms.

My post to you was asking for proof, is that a “wild” way to communicate?
————

I’m arguing commercial viability. Never did I say THC? Even minor cannabinoids can be produced in high amounts through traditional breeding of cannabis.

When it’s more commercially viable to farm a plant with less then 1% target compound, like seen in poppies, why would it be be commercially viable when cannabis can produce targeted compounds at over 10%?

(To be clear, I’m aware Opium contains as much as 10% active compounds but that’s rarely used on commercial opioid production. They basically farm poppies, let me dry in the field on the plant, then mow down like grass to produce what’s called poppy straw. Poppy straw is maximum 1% active compounds.)

Teewinot

Look them up - miles ahead already a costly Dr. Sasha pathway from olivetol

They just did third round $50M raise with only 10-22 employees.
Cayman has a catalog of every (I think just over 200??) cannabinoids ready for purchase as 99%

Tabaco is also being gen modded to express cannabinoids in need mexoco I believe where they may or may not be playing with prions and gmp protein mods as weaponized

I do still think plant based pathways for cannabinoids can and will be The best approach for most - just like most plant based phytochemicals are (there isn’t really a synthetic cocaine and synthetic opioids kill people very easily).

Yes but this is on the assumption that we can casually just breed strains of cannabis to produce any of the dozens of cannabinoids on command. There is no evidence that we can do that yet. Sure we’ve got CBDa, THCa, and CBGa strains but who’s to say that there is not a single cannabinoid of commercial interest that could not be more easily obtained using micro organisms. No need to be so aggressive.

CBG is already bred to high concentrations, CBG can be used to make CBC as well.

THCV has been bred to high concentrations and can make all the propyl isomers

What minors are you trying to get in large enough amounts that transgenically modifying microorganisms will be viable for?

Most can be made semi-synthetically with cannabinoids derived from cannabis.

The point is about cost, I was asking for proof that cannabinoids will be cheaper from microorganisms then from cannabis itself

I’m in no way trying to be aggressive, just asking questions?

Either way, no breeder I know has all novel cannabinoids and chromatography and separation methods are not mainstream or all that efficient a so of now.
There is also next to zero clinical studies so the fact that Pharma and Biotech already can does and is making them — means we are 10-20 years away from them being utilized. That very well could Be enough time for breeders.
Most people still eat mcdonalds, don’t biohack or properly supplement. So, it all gets pretty basic.
People drink shit liquor and shit beer.
If the world went off my spending there would Be no bud light, cheap tequila or shit food.

People
Love coffee and smoking weed tho

From the article. All cannabs we currently have access to from traditional cannabis. I have literal tons of 16% CBG flower in my lab right now

CBC is easily made from CBG

Sam Skunkman bred THCv strains over a decade ago(now owned by GW Pharm) Theres also a guarded strain Dougs Varin that is in enough peoples hands

I’ve got no skin in the game here and what you are saying here were never my claims. All I said was that yeast has been a successful means of producing other chemicals that were already available through ag. Your argument also assumes a lot of things that we cannot say for certain. Just because we figured out how to suppress the enzyme necessary to convert CBGa and some guy bred some high THCv African landraces doesn’t mean that we are on our way to having stable genetics to grow the hundreds of commercially viable compounds that cannabis produces. My point was simply that yeast has been disruptive to other industries before and we don’t know what we may need alternate sources for yet. Nothing more. I had no input on costs or synthetic alternatives.

1 Like

Yes it has for other compounds but when you have the chemical factory that is the cannabis trichome, it seems very unlikely.

I have seen it brought up numerous times but nobody has given anything to compare. Was hoping someone here would but I understand it’s so new and there’s few with the practical experience

The most likely situation is using High CBGA bred plants in combination with microorganisms.

Going from nothing to cannabinoids takes many steps and is much more unlikely.

However, feeding a microoganism CBGA with the right synthases bred into it would be a practical way to all of the minor cannabinoids

Check I out
TEEWINOT https://tlscorp.com/