Calming the corken T291

Any pictures of the new setup?

If you want to use just water for a shitload of cooling, you’re best off boiling it. eBay is your friend (if you’re in OH?):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254354882144?hash=item3b38bb7e60:g:fuEAAOSw8Wtddp8W

Man. Everyone here talking about wasting water…

The real gangster move is this…

we plumbed three 2500 gallon water tanks together. These held ambient temp pretty well in norcal.

But.

We stepped it up as follows:

Water heat exchanger knocked our corken temps down from 170’s to 120’s.

Then we pushed that heated up water to a second heat exchanger on the flood side, and warmed our solvent up after our 4 column rack, but before our crc column.

Recycle that shit man.

The hot water warmed the solvent but not enough to change its stage to a gas. Made our crc more effective, meant less energy to heat up the recovery tank… and cooled the water as it returned to our storage tanks.

C’mon people. Talking about just running tap water non stop??

6 Likes

I have one 55 gal barrel of water that can cool down majority of my vapor stream. My set up sounds similar to yours

Lol we did not run tap water non stop we ended up limiting flow to 3gpm to match filter speed and curtail water usage. We got our recovery to 80 minutes so we run the recovery and shut off water. 240 gallons of water x 3 runs equals 720 gallons = 2.40 water cost per day to run about 100lbs material a day is cost effective for us.

1 Like