California THC Market 2020

Trim/ biomass is at 8.50ppp +- .

Taxes are tough.

Mammoth is dope! I’d be all over that like white on rice on a paper plate in a snowstorm!

4 Likes

Hell yeah thanks for the positivity haha! When we make the move out there in a few months, let’s go snowboarding together or something!

What are the current tax rates in California, I’m in Colorado now so I’m trying to learn all I can ASAP.

So 8.50ppp would be $85/lb for 10% material before tax right? What would the tax put it at?

2 Likes

Tax is $49 a lb per trim IIRC

2 Likes

Hook a player up with one of your cultivators!

Could be wrong of course, but would highly doubt federal legalization within the next 2-3 years. Most state MED+REC legalization measures have been delayed until next year or 2022 due to COVID.

Though if you put a lot of weight into corporate lobbying, the next 12 months would be perfect to swoop in with a few billion in capital as most existing businesses will be going under.

1 Like

Is that a flat tax per pound on trim, or based on a percentage of the price paid on the material?

Solventless it the way to go, no question…the market will continue to grow.

Currently running some spent hemp biomass. There was still about 3-5% cbd left. The biomass originally tested at 14-15%. Not sure if that helps you or not. A good rule of thumb is for about 10% of cbd in biomass you get about 4-5 kg per 100 lbs.

If you want my opinion on this matter, I understand your situation with getting investor money and it seems like he is going to do regardless. But he may respect you more if you are straight up with him and avoid him losing tons of money into purchasing that lab (maybe provide a well thought out different course of action). There is a reason the lab is going under right now, I know from running my own lab that there are a lot of unanticipated expenses, and it never seems to go away.

With that being said, you are definitely going to need a fool proof plan in order to turn the labs financials around. As in, you have some unforeseen knowledge that everyone else in the California THC industry doesn’t have, or your fate will be the same as everyone else’s. It’s not impossible its just going to take a lot of time and effort.

Another point to bring up is that everyone and their mother in California sells or knows someone who sells THC products. Its pretty much tapped out. Maybe wait a bit longer for some CBD labs in another state to go out of business, get their equipment for cheap and be patient and wait for legalization. Focus on minor cannabinoids such as THCv, which is said to be an appetite suppressant. If I were to start all over again, I would focus on cannabinoids that are less understood. This way you stay ahead of the curve and be a trend setter, not play catch up with all the other big dogs in the industry.

2 Likes

I hope your advice gets through. Most cannabis is consumed through the lungs but people will associate bad health with vaping, covid seems to be a lung disease. The only thing distillate is good for where I am is edibles, the financial math will not add up. My experience has been many THC products are a faze, vape is over, we’re on to diamonds. Apoligies if I have not replyed correctly. Learing to navigate the site.

2 Likes

I played in the Colorado market while it was “saturated” it was 1 dispensary to every 6,000 people. The op I was apart of sold and made millions in a short period of time. We’re now in the California legal market with 1 dispensary to every 35,000 people. We’re just launching out here and experiencing significant growth. No hear say. Just hard work and commitment. It’s negative/limited mindsets that lead to failure.

4 Likes

We sold over 20k grams of only inhale-able products just over the weekend. And we’re new with limited distribution. Peeps are still gonna vape. People who are scared wont. But plenty think covid is bullshit, or fill fine to carry on with life as normal.

4 Likes

You guys hiring techs?

2 Likes

I might be needing a tech in Charlotte, NC. CBD ofcourse.

1 Like

Yes, within the next month or so

how about CBD remediation from hops Humulus kriya?

Didn’t mean to imply it was hopeless. My personal experience has been the majority of people will follow trends as uninformed as they may be. Geological location is also a factor. Soccer moms scare easily, here they were the majority of vapers.

1 Like

Hey i could really use some work in charlotte right now, sincerely a struggling electrical engineering student at cp

Dm me your resume. Do you have any extraction experience?