California’s Legal Pot Industry ‘Collapsing’: ‘Buyers setting prices’

2 types of people that for sure have a special place in hell, sinners, and their attorney’s.

I jest, lawyers are a God send at the right times.

6 Likes

i went to michigan to buy clones= every exit off the highway had billboards for weed. I was on a mission so didnt check out the dispensaries.

my cousin is a lawyer and cheated at monopoly? hes the dumbest lawyer- he used to believe i was a pro wrestler and knew martial arts. he failed out of college 2 x before he started adderall.

3 Likes

I love lawyers

3 Likes

i hope to never need one. I dont think my cousin would help me just because im not the type to ask for help. but hed prolly help me. I am taking it back- i hope to need 6 lawyers, that means im a baller and covering my bases.

2 Likes

Never needing a lawyer means your doing good, i dont love them because i need them. I love them for advice and knowing they’re there if i ever do.

10 Likes

I have three attorneys. A conservative one, tells me all the ways I’ll get in trouble for what I wanna do. A liberal one, who tells me “go for it! Call me if there’s a problem”. And a middle of the road one, who gives me both sides. I ask them all the same questions and by the time I’m done, I usually have a good idea of if I’ll have to call one of them again later🤷‍♂️

22 Likes

Never realized the conversation about piss poor management of policy (attorneys and lawyers work), would evolve into a well rounded conversation about the very human nature they operate with. :rofl:

5 Likes

Liars… fixed it. You have been spelling it all wrong

weed still cost like 50 a 1/4 in the store and they are busy right?

Decent smokabke weed is about $35-$40 an 1/8 out the door if you know the right brands to buy. If you hate yourself there us some super nasty shit out there for sub $10 an 1/8.

That $35-$40 stuff is stuff that typically wholesales around $800 a unit IME. Hard to give someone a fair price when average taxes are about 33% (15 state excise, 8 sales, 10 city excise), not including city cultivation or distribution taxes. The state cultivation tax is gone for the time being.

6 Likes

In my experience people get wholesale pricing confused they should buy it all it’s not wholesale for one f****** time I meant to say pound like yeah you got to come back for more that’s wholesale and it’s not a quality issue it’s just these people are not wholesale sellers I hate when they want the wholesale price but they just sit on it and smoke it for 6 months and then expect the whole sale price again I want to sell the whole thing that’s why it’s called wholesale

Cultivation tax is gone now which is nice, just wish Newsom did something about the excise. We do indoor 14g for $99, 2 for $150 which is pretty competitive given the quality. Would be tough as a cultivator right now, huge oversupply of nice indoor right now.

3 Likes

Also a huge oversupply of mediocre to garbage indoor dragging the price down.

6 Likes

3 farms in Cali put out 700,000 #s of depths that look like ins and sold it for 500.

They will continue that and more farms will get to that level and continue dropping the price

5 Likes

Definitely. The only reason we are able to get the good stuff at this price point.

Also, we have been doing it long enough to differentiate the deps from mixed light from indoor. The biggest difference, besides appearance, is the nose.

We are still selling our indoor for $1600-2000.

Lowest we ever went was $1400 and that was for a box.

4 out of the top 15 brands in the state say they can’t sell their own indoor but they sell out of our’s everytime they buy it from us.

No way in hell our clients would ever mistake $500 deps for our indoor flower.

I’ve seen these $500 deps and $1000 indoor packs and I wouldn’t touch that dogshit…looks decent but taste like cardboard or un flushed and improperly cured garbage

9 Likes

I didn’t say this was white - maybe they trickled their way into metric but that shit went east. Spoiled all the dealers out there thinking they are sweet.

4 Likes

What do you make of Glasshouse’s quality? I’ve heard that it’s similar to midsy, but not bad indoor. They’re looking to output around 300k lbs in the next 12 months (and have lots of room to expand) but need to raise a ton of money to keep the lights on.

1 Like

The flower is what you’d expect from a low light greenhouse, ranges from alright to bad seasonally. They jar the best stuff they grow and that’s competitive at the $25 eighth price point.

I will never understand their expansion or how they get funding completed, other than the promise of federal legalization. They’re pretty consistent at losing money that they blame on low pound prices in quarterly reports, but keep expanding at a rate that will make those pound prices worse. It’s very similar to the Parent Company.

6 Likes