Butane Contaminant Demystified

I 100% agree with you. There probably is a lifespan on those. I think they are using tape, which may help with friction, but still…

Yes.

why do I pay 200 extra for a tank to NOT have something added to it? and now its an issue? And bho isnt worth shit compared to buds whether run cold or not

2 Likes

Not sure what the premium might be for the better grade, but what is added is labor and costs to produce the higher grade.

Is this rhetorical or are you one of the labs having Medusa diamond problems?

4 Likes

He just talks anecdotally about what the fuck ever. You’ve gotta be a 6 pack deep to understand / give a shit

10 Likes

So you think it makes sense? i get propane for 15 dollars to grill. Now i buy it for 240 witha coa of how pure it is and claims of refining and cleaning tanks and i have to distill th mystery oil and black carbon shit and on top of that it has issues of added gasses?

1 Like

i posted my fast crashing thca jar.

1 Like

Does what make sense? You have to complete a thought for anyone to follow along.

You think big oil gives a rats ass about your solvent contamination? It makes sense to me that they don’t care about us. Why would they? Their big seller is gasoline. The side streams of income are what they are. :man_shrugging: gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette kind of mentality. Welcome to capitalism, someone always gonna get the short end of the stick.

5 Likes

does paying 10x extra to NOT have the sulphur added make sense. I think its the same product before they add odorant. and if i do pay 240 a tank it should actually be proper. they should predistill it and all instead of just filling with oily propane

1 Like

If I’m correct, a 100lb tank of 5/9s is in the ballpark of $3500. I would, just to say that I did, but I couldn’t imagine spending that much. I would 100% be trying to recover almost all of my butane.

6 Likes

i duno what it meant but i used to use some 7x filtered shit based on greywolf and I would put it into my collection and distill 72 packs of that. i did that awhile before realizing its a 70/30 mix and not butane.

i used to try and recover all my tane too. id end up with columns that offgassed and i didnt know what to do= either vac it out with trs 21 or just put it outside and let it release the gas.

Gotta get the column warmed up if you want to get it all back, and even then in a production environment you have to be willing to sacrifice a certain percentage just to maintain good throughput.

Agreed, an increase of 10-20x the cost for the materials used to make a product whose value is plummeting by the day as not being even sorta feasible.

6 Likes

i dont do that anymore- i ran out of nitrogen last month and mid run kinda shut it off and it soaked= HUGE yeilds on soaking good bud. prolly 25 percent. kinda waxy but…

its better to pul a vac on ass end than heat the column. heating columns never did it for me and i have some sleeved columns id heat and all- either vac it or accept it going to the air in a safe way. my trs 21 makes the columns clean of pressure.

The LPG with mercaptans added as odorant are lower grade Commercial, HD-5 and HD10, while we are using Instrument grade or better. Part of what we are paying for is completely separate handling facilities to avoid cross contamination, amortized over a lower volume.

We are also paying for additional quality testing.

Wowza! Soooo ostensibly 9/9’s to get in the PPB range would cost more. Fortunately, it isn’t the absolute purity we seek, but the lack of certain constituents, so the good news is we should be able to meet our needs ourselves cheaper.

2 Likes

200 for propane/butane feels high to me. ITS not a tank of nitrous. I end up making shit off this stuff but i alreaady built the machine.

i somehow feel that the silos outside my gas supply have the same shit. I know they dont have a silo of instrument grade. Im unfamilliar with the market. my main dry ice place makes dry ice but doesnt have unodorized tane., but the other place just told me they import dry ice from oklahoma?

1 Like

The 99.95 Instrument grade that I’ve had analyzed measured 99.99 purity with regard to molecules larger than C-4 and I suspect it came out of the same tank as the 99.99% pure, but without the extra testing, et al.

The thing I’m positive about, is that it didn’t come out of a tank that contained mercaptans, which Commercial, HD-5 and HD-10 all do. They can’t even use the same tanks because of cross contamination, with the mercaptans detectable by the human senses at 10 parts per Billion.

1 Like

when i buy tanks off ebay or bvv i really dont trust the numbers- thats on the main batch not tank by tank. ive had so called clean tanks leave lots of oil or even black carbon.

And I think that they use brand new first time used tanks, as well. I can’t remember who it was in the telegram group, but we were trying to aquire a couple of tanks to test with. Until we found out the price.

2 Likes