Bullseye stopped displaying, any recommendations?

The beatings will continue until morale improves

3 Likes

“If you don’t behave I’ll let that @cyclopath have his way with you” is how some in my sphere have chosen to roll.

It does void the warrantee though :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Sorry for you troubles, if you end up needing a new one I am selling one :slight_smile: only been used twice and cheaper than buying new- has all the accessories and stuff it comes with just no box

1 Like

They’ve been good to me on replacements. Got 2 over the years, one my micro USB port came out with the cable, other the display started glitching. Got 2 new units sent to me with the old one sent back.

3 Likes

Had this sitting in storage, pulled it out to find the tip all rusted…

Is it fucked?

What’s a tip for one of these usually run if it is fucked?

~125ish I think for the agilent sensors

2 Likes

Little CLR and a scouring pad should fix that right up

5 Likes

Alright cool, thanks guys.

I would be pretty confident both sides are ducked

If you are able to salvage the digivac you’re looking at $100+ for the new sensor plus $200+ for a recalibration so that the sensor and digivac match up

2 Likes

Well just got it on and it seems to work but the tip is definitely trashed. It just reads “tube?”

So $300 for a new tip and calibration. Do I do that myself or send it in to someone.

So I don’t know what the fucks going on. Maybe your right @AlexSiegel. Could be completely fucked

Its reading but is coming in and out as I move the cord….

Damnit

NAVAC NMV1 Micron Vacuum Gauge Amazon.com

This will work fine in a pinch. The only flaw right now is the sensor doesn’t stay on continuously you have to turn it back on after a few minutes away to see the reading. Other than that it seems to work great

1 Like

Check the online manual, I think that might be fixable problem?

2 Likes

Rtfm

This can happen sometimes if a gauge is powered on at atmospheric pressure and the sensor is laying sideways on a desk. Remember that the sensor needs to be mounted upright in order to read correct vacuum, and will take a few seconds for the reading to equalize. You can simply hold the sensor upright and the reading will adjust to atmospheric pressure in a few seconds.

Which I read as “stop waving it about!” (In addition to explaining “tube”?)

I could be misinterpreting the dance your probe appears to be performing

3 Likes

Lmfao. Thanks dude. That’s def what’s happening. This is clearly the first time I’m getting acquainted with the hardware.

It didn’t come with a manual and after seeing the rust on it I felt compelled to ask you guys.

3 Likes

I’ve never had a machine @cyclopath touched not change accordingly when threatened with disassembly, even long after he left the building.

Worth a shot!

4 Likes

Probably that corrosion is up into the wires and stuff too. Water does terrible things to electronics.

You could try cracking it open - cleaning everything, splicing wires were things look not okay - and then reconnecting and trying for calibration…

Probably easier just to replace and have someone else calibrate. I use TransCat for these kinds of things - they are all over North America, so you probably have one near you. You can mail it in to them or you can schedule them to come for a visit.

Plus - if you decide to open this up - then we can all go on that journey with you and get a pin diagram and wiring diagram along the journey. :smiley:

3 Likes

I’ll probably go the easy route of cleaning it firsts.

But if absolutely necessary, I’ll go the @cyclopath route.

2 Likes

Mine has always said tube when I turn it on- never was able to figure out why but as soon as I start pulling a vacuum it works Normally thereafter :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Mine does this also. Both of them

2 Likes