Build or buy falling film?

That’s a really nice price. How much do they cost to run with the chiller?

Elliot at what point do we get an all glass falling film ?

I don’t want to buy stainless steel from summit research, I want a fully silvered all glass cock rocket in a back room of a dimly lit warehouse plastered with Metallica posters and stoking of weed and I want you to pace back and forth in front of it smoking a blunt and meandering through the deepest corridors of your mind finding a way to flabbergast your way through details of thermodynamics which were read in a book last year at 3am - I want to know that you’ll regurgitate all of the weird offbeat falling film data your autistic mind has aggregated into a stoner-friendly marketing pitch that sells this all glass falling film evaporator and until then I’m going to continue writing these fucked up fan fictions til my face is blue

8 Likes

Pretty sure TruSteel beat them to the market?

All 3 of these units, Yellowstone, Bizzy, and Delta, have significant design differences, specifically on the condensation side.

Weed grows from the ground, for free. I know of a couple nice bushes down by the river that will yield quite a bit of free weed

2 Likes

Yeah is 6 years ago bad?
And oh man you’re soooo close to getting it. “Weed isn’t free at anypoint with overhead”… you see the overhead is the part that goes on top of the build costs. I’m not accusing you of “raping” the public by charging for weed because of overhead. Imagine the overhead of weed, just applied to something else.

Ok ok. You got me the half dead, nutrient deprived free crop is free. but for high grade indoor cannabis or anything worth something there is overhead…

When I decided to build my own FFE because nobody had one available at the time, @downtheterphole was years ahead of me, and super helpful. They weren’t selling them at the time, but he was on like version 6 of their FFE back then

4 Likes

I’m confused

At what point would nature create a plant that is deficient in nutrients in its original state?

Yup, exactly. There are simple solutions, and there are high grade solutions. high grade solutions cost more because they yield better. Just apply what you know of overhead on weed… to equipment.

Yes, salt weed is super expensive and great for taxing custies

2 Likes

We are talking about rape like markups here. Yellowstones FFE is 50k or less and they definetly just copied other companies lol. No one was building FFEs in canna 6 years ago aside from Bizzy or TruSteel…your high.

1 Like

The plant in its original form, not half dead, but fully alive and in balance with the natural world around it, and existing with all of the nutrients needed to exist in this balanced and adapted state, that is free

The cash crop that is grown in wholly depleted and barren soil, that one is pretty expensive, especially considering all of the hidden costs

1 Like

Hahaha

You are absolutely wrong. Nobody was Selling FFEs 6 years ago. They were 100% building and using them

8 Likes

Yeah. You,bizzy and trusteel are are the FFE kings. thats why i edited…

@FamilyFarms Smoke another one

1 Like

Alright last time I’m engaging here but Yellowstone was making their unit chiller-less looong ago. They weren’t copying bizzy any more than any producer of any good spot-checks themselves with those around them.

1 Like

I built mine in 2016, there was nothing for sale at that point. Bizzy and TruSteel were still in development. Again, @downtheterphole (Heavy affiliation with Yellowstone) was years into design and operation of their models at that point

2 Likes

If you copied Bizzy you did a miserable job and came up with something completely different :joy:

4 Likes

And thanks a lot man :pray:, I was gonna lose my mind.

1 Like

Your saying yellowstone started design and prototyping of a FFE in 2014?

1 Like