Budget analytic equipment

Anyone have feedback on these?

Sri is active on the forum. Lots of users have used Sri equipment.

4 Likes

Yes! @cyclopath is the man when it comes to knowing how to run these things well! I also have one, and I have been very pleased with it thus far.

It’s like this, you can absolutely find cheaper testing equipment on fleabay, and that would be great IF the equipment actually works (i.e. isn’t a boat anchor already), and IF you know what you are doing (no support). I decided that it would be better to fork over double the cash up front and have somebody that I can call up during business hours and get support when I need it. As it turns out, the equipment works fine. It’s the operator that is usually the problem, and SRI has been a godsend helping me work through those ID:10T errors!

Not to mention, their Document Downloads section has all sorts of useful info, IF you can navigate it :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Thanks. That sounds like great customer support

Using the future probably requires understanding the past. I suggest you ask Google how many times SRI comes up on this website

https://www.google.com/search?q=site:future4200.com+“sri”

1 Like

We have two GC’s in the lab and an HPLC, the SRI is extremely helpful for all sorts of projects and processes.

4 Likes

Get thee a bulb…

5 Likes

Is this to give you headspace for solvent sampling?

It’s to stop the operator injecting cannabinoids in the residual solvent column.

6 Likes

HAHA! I see the sticker was not enough! Smart play!

1 Like

Arent you the only operator? :wink:

8 Likes

I also encourage people to search if there are companies local to you that refurbish and resell analytical equipment. If you have a tech/research hub/universities near you just might.

These companies tend to stock one brand of instrument and have hundreds to scrap for parts. They can offer service plans as well as sales.

4 Likes

:shushing_face:

that is one way of looking at it :rofl::joy::rofl:

7 Likes

What do these usually go for?

depends on the options you want. I paid 10k for my new unit and have bought another SRI gc for $400 used but it cannot do the same tests my 10k unit can. it has a different detector.

2 Likes