Brand New CAPNA ETHOS-6 and ARES Extraction Equipment

Cali is about to change its laws too. C1d2 was created when people were doing co2 oil and winterizing it, now that people are holding 500+ gallons of ethanol for extraction they want anything over a certain limit c1d1. Doesnt matter the solvent type. This comes from one of the head fire inspector for the state. Shits gonna get real

1 Like

Feel free to text or call me at 714-912-6546. Im free for any questions about the equipment.

so who that has a license is operating these machines? I have yet to find anything showing these machines are worth the money.

1 Like

Hey man, very interested if still available, get at me. thanks.

The type of solvent being used doesn’t pertain to the classification of a room. The presence of flammable vapors is the biggest factor.

1 Like

Yes it 100% does, c1d1 or c1d2 is based on the flash point / boiling point of the solvent that’s why pentane and below are c1d1 and hexane and above are c1d2

1 Like

This is categorically false. C1d1 and 2 are area classifications based on the presence of flammable vapor. You are thinking in a canna-centric frame of mind. 99% of manufacturing facilities do not consider solvent type. Maybe you are thinking of IBC H locations?

You are correct, c1d1 is listed to have vapors present l under normal operating conditions. C1d2 is to have no vapors during normal operations.

However it’s also dependent on solvent class. Pentane is always going to be c1d1 even when there is no chance to have vapor present during standard operation.

King of kush and tush are correct in their own ways. There a lot more to these classifications but you both have it partially correct and the more you dig in the more it varies.

1 Like

That’s not the case in a completely closed system. In that case the only c1d1 area would be within the system.

What?

Are you trying to say if you have a closed system thats holding butane it doesn’t need to be in a c1d1 room?

Let’s add a bit more clarification in that reply because as it sits now it could really mislead people.

If you could build a system to feed and reject biomass with no residual butane, by code, you could sk8😉 by in terms of
classification outside of the cannabis industry. It hasn’t happened yet, and won’t happen because of the commonality of preferences by AHJs.

EDIT: you could get to C1D2 with a butane system in many other industries.

You can also do it outdoors and the regs are alot more lenient

There’s a big hexane plant in NM i think that sometimes does hemp that normally runs peppers or something and it’s a complete outdoor facility with a roof and no walls

2 Likes

Yeah, Fathom. One of the bigger facilities out there!

2 Likes