Boost

My flower tent actual watt is less than 110 :sweat_smile::joy:

1 Like

Im not saying all LED’s are useless! but when they first started arriving in the UK, they were absolute garbage.
I know that there are some fixtures out there now that are awesome but they are also expensive.
I might use 8x LED’s and 8x DE Gavitas in sealed rooms, in my next house and see what is what. If i dont like the LED’s they will be easy to sell to friends and i will replace them with Gavitas. We will see.

( I just saw your flowering room on your instagram :+1: )

3 Likes

Oh no I know, I just find it hilarious that’s my actual draw :joy: but I wish that little tent was a 1200sqft room I miss them​:cry:

There may be info on those two side by side on the basement worth a look

1 Like

Sorry man , it dont work like that. “I” have to use them side by side, im special… lol

1 Like

No worries, it’s just always nice to have literature on the subject you may inquire to research further before hand :call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

for sure ! im looking now lol

1 Like

Finishing times?

Weight?

1 Like

The gavita 1700e, spydrX (lesser output vs gavita but costsba couple hundred more), ROI 680, kingbrite 660, nextlight mega are all in the same catagory (price, spectrum, ppfd).

1 Like

I will probably use kingbrite 660 in one room and 1Kw DE in the other room.
I wont be running this test until mid next year so by then there will be other LED’s and fixtures to consider for sure.
I’m really looking forward to getting my house … lolol

1 Like

The kingbrite is about 700 landed to your door thru Alibaba. The roi is local, 200 more. Gavita is 1200-1400, spydrx is 150 more. Nextlight mega is about 1500.

I tried to place a hefty order with 7x kingbrite, but 2 things I dont like. 1 only a 2% discount (lmfao), and it’s a huge gamble on Alibaba leds vs buying the roi locally for a couple hundred more.

You’ll need 2 led to equal a 1k de

@FicklePickle

We had a conversation about this last night

5 Likes

What leds are you using?

1 Like

It’s a mixture of 3 full spec 550watt dual strip leds, then 2 HO 110watt white broad spectrum leds, then 5 blurple 65w bulges that have 28 minis per light. :joy::shushing_face::sweat_smile: veg has 2 of the 550’s

2 Likes

The total yield is not really that important, it will all be worked out on gram/watt. What im looking for is the structure, growth, end product. Also how easy the plants are to tend to. compared to 1Kw DE HPS.
I savagely had my leg broken by an asshole in a hit and run … So i’m going to make the easiest room i can.
NFT trays on a common res with a separate flushing lines.
Swap the flimsy black plastic top coat from 1/2" correx plastic for plant supports.
Upside down plant cages on the used for soil growing a my plant supports.
If the LED’s require me to make a scrog, I may think twice about using them.

This is where the BOOST comes in and my eagerness to find a way to make it my self.

1 Like

@Demontrich Have you ever seen this guys channel on youtube ?
If not, i think you might like it.

LEDs dont penetrate like hps/mh. Even the 315 cmh doesnt penetrate. I scrog with my setup.

3 Likes

Leds dont heat up like hps & catch the tray on fire :smirk:

Gavita is releasing a new led in the next couple weeks, supposed to be 750w and a replacement for the 1000w hps. If it is ill find out because I think I’m getting a tester.

1 Like

The gavita pro 1700e is their flagship led light. Didnt know they were making an upgrade already.

1 Like

Me either, I was talking to the on of the reps in canada yesterday, he said the specs should be released in the next two weeks and them the lights towards the end of October I think, the testers anyways. And if I understood right the pricing will be better then the 1700

2 Likes