Boiling hexane Soxhlet extraction

I’m planning on getting a quality TIG and making custom equipment if i do this is one of the first items out of stainless I’m making

1 Like

for soxhlet disty ?

1 Like

I keep forgetting to put links into the post, with the picture…sorry, I’ll try to improve.

The link for the 25" sight glass

2 Likes

Don’t be so hard on yourself lol thanks for sharing your input

1 Like

Yessir

2 Likes

If you actually start doing custom stainless, please let me know. I have a few design concepts rattling around, and would be interested in getting quotes.

can u help me with some biomass lol :wink:

2 Likes

Looks like Elmer’s clear school glue

1 Like

1 Like

lmfao :rofl::rofl::rofl:

OK, you have my attention. Quick explanation…HOW?

1 Like

BTW, if you are poor, don’t even look at that Distillex site, it will drive you crazy. Stuff is cheap, but I can see so many pieces that I want, and really shouldn’t buy. They have things that I haven’t seen before. Yup…Stainless Steel Sanitary Equipment…Legos for bad boys!

1 Like

broke af lol I do the most with the least since forever grew up poor, and now I do ok. I only DaB-ble in science and chemistry. I do metal refinishing powder coating for a living I do this for me and my medically ill friends with cancer and ms, fk i dont even like money to be honest it makes people assholes…

The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. - Vince Lombardi

2 Likes

and that is exactly what I say verbatim about triclamp parts lmfao so hard…

1 Like

hey bud all I did was stuff biomass into two coffee filter pods stapled closed tight and put them into sox at atmospheric pressure with boiling hexane it works awesoem and helps remove a lot of terps before decarb was fast and almost no terps left to ruin vac level on SPD setup, that clear was a first pass lmao

1 Like

I have been using solid glass thimbles, just cuz that is the proper thing to do. Now I read about your coffee filter thing…GOOD IDEA. Those hot thimbles are a bitch, and I worry about breakage. The coffee filter thing can be pulled out easily…BRAVO!!!

Watch those staples though, they have plastic on them. I will probably switch to stainless steel zip ties…reusable too.

1 Like

yes sir, easy to hook and pull out of the cheap china sox and 360 degree pre filtration learned that from an old hippie veteran my dad lol keeps working with biomass in pods easy clean and easy to squeeze out last solvent I go the extra step and soak in a beaker and then squeeze and wash just because I am frugal af lol but the pod makes this very painless to handle i get the cone shaped filters #4 and fold and staple the open top

@Rowan the hexane soxhlet I imagine if its done long enough you convert a lot to D8 I do not have the means to verify this I just know what happens given certain conditions, I do not have the means to verify this myself but imagine a light vacuum polar solvent soxhlet out of stainless that u can decarb and recover solvent in, I have yet to beat my hexane soxhlet method with every method i applied i did that hexane soxhlet and no LLE wash just buchner and light amount of carbon i could have improved things if i had learned from Beaker sooner to try alumina with the carbon and celite man it does amazing job at preventing tunneling in filter bed the layer of alumina

2 Likes

the carboxylic acid group is still and acid and will convert cannabinoids to d8 in the crude before distillation and too much activated carbon will hold a lot of the D8! so do buchner filtration with celite 545 bed and use Activated Carbon after decarb to prevent carbon from its affinity for the D8 my understanding anyways and that hexane soxhlet to filtration i did little to no pre and post processing and it was out fucking standing dab to smoke and vape and mighty clear maybe I’m all wrong but tis my method and i wish I could prove my method is sound with proper analysis, It was my first attempt and best results yet with cheap equipment and was fastest method i had used to get to distillate

2 Likes

As soon as harvest season comes I’ll have an excess of biomass to process so I’ll let you know.

3 Likes