Biomass Waste On-Site Pelletizing for use in Steam Generator?

Tons of people have a problem with waste biomass building up. On site pelletizing for use in a steam generator for FFE’s sounds like a pretty straight forward direction. Just wanted to kick up a thread to hear if anyone has insight into pulling this off appropriately?

1 Like

Haven’t looked into it for in a steam generator, but we’ve looked at it for some other things.

http://coloradomillequipment.com/ makes decent pelletizers from what I hear.

2 Likes

I did extensive research into this recently. There are definitely pellet boilers though nobody was willing to promise they’d work 100% with hemp. I was even more interested in possibility of pellet based electricity generation but it didn’t look like the technology was there yet.

2 Likes

Even having steam for heat and process heating would be useful. And I bet a little bit of residual ethanol wouldn’t hurt the combustibility parameters.

1 Like

Check out all power labs. Their steam generator should be pretty close at this point. If Jim Mason can’t set it on fire, it probably isn’t gonna burn worth a damn…

5 Likes

My assumption was that the hemp biomass would need to be proportionally mixed with some other biomass to burn properly for the application. I’ll dig around more and see what I can find. Thanks for the insight

You gots the waste biomass? Let’s chat.

yep.

burns pretty when it comes out of the fuge too…

:slight_smile:

1 Like

seems like steams might be a really good solution.

I really like the idea of a steam turbine powered chiller

but there are all sorts of other uses for waste generated steam.

I think I’ve found my next project :wink:

@SidViscous

2 Likes

You probably wouldn’t even need to pelletize if you had the right feed and a forced air type gasification system.

for optimal cleaning of all your C1D1 equipment

I’ve been trying to think up a beautiful, elegant, and obscure method to attack this bonfire chiller challenge and come to the disappointing realization that the most effective solution is still lame and ugly: steam kettle gennie to power a conventional compressor.

1 Like