Best oil viscosity for carts

If it has terps and they were in any kind of way pleasant they were added back after the disty was made.

8 Likes

Correct

4 Likes

So find a cart it works in?!?
As per @Dr.stanky

Me thinks you need to re-evaluate that number. ‘Cause that’s corn syrup range…

2 Likes

Yes sir, that is correct. And as @that445guy said, if they tasted good they were certainly added post distillation

4 Likes

I think I got one of the same batches as lenny. It tastes pretty good. I have no idea if its real or not?

There was a couple of low cost methods mentioned in one of our previous explorations…

And even a calibration ritual for the rotational version…

1 Like

Thanks cyclopath for your info found most of the information I need from your posts. So 2-3 k cps is the viscosity of honey so maybe I should shoot for that with a 2mm cert.

To expand on Dr stanky’s comment why would someone waste good terps to sell $300 a kg disty doesn’t make sense to me.

300/kg?

3 Likes

Thats that REAL homie discount

8 Likes

Ya but getting off topic I just wanted a link to a cert manufacturer that had a recommendation for the ideal viscosity of oil .

Re-certify, manufactured certs are useless

1 Like

Not sure what that means

I keep reading it like its ‘certify’ or ‘certain’ and now I have a syntax error headache

300 kg w terps . nice

1 Like

Got the last batch from icbd . He sometimes blows out for less the $300. Great product.

He’s all about them certs.

$300/kg for disty with terps… sounds like some straight boof soup you’ve been buying

5 Likes

Sorry guys. I was reading my posts I ment to say carts like in cartridges not certs (injesting to much of my product)

2 Likes

Yep, you’re definitely looking in the “more viscous than honey” range.

For distillate, at room temp, a simple device with plunger and a spring or scale that you pushed into the surface might give you usable numbers.

Problem is, when you’re adjusting the viscosity, you’re not at rm temp, so you really need to understand the relationship between temp and viscosity for your specific distillate/diluent combo.

Seems like 70C and 20C might require different devices…

3 Likes

Found a rotary viscometer on eBay for $300 that should do the trick. I need a education on cartridges.The ones I was looking at have small openings (1.5-2mm) the ones being advertised on this forum are much larger (11-13mm). I’m thinking pg/vg vape juice instead of cbd oil. Thanks @cyclopath for the information

Outside temps play such a big factor. My first batch of carts 5+ years ago we tried a 90/10 on some old Cotton G5’s iirc. They ripped pretty awesome in the summer but you couldn’t get smoke at all in the winter.

1 Like