Benzene in my badder!

Could be cross contamination at the testing lab or possibly the processing lab.

5 Likes

you would see benzene’s m/z value on the MS spectra due to high source temps, but it would have a much different retention time than a benzene standard and would not match criteria to identify as benzene

maaaybeee their inlet** temp is hot enough to generate a tiny amount of benzene but it is probably way lower than the analytical lab’s LOD

also most labs are running terps and RS with a headspace sampler, so even less chance than with a liq AS

1 Like

Rosin can go rancid if not stored properly. Maybe the terps degraded to benzene from improper storage temps or light idk

1 Like

If a supplier doesn’t certify a cylinder decontamination, does a COA have any validity?

Check out our Certification Repository. You can search the serial number of our gas cylinders and populate both the COA and COD so you know you have a clean chain of custody and toxic impurities from your cylinder will not contaminate your high purity gas.

1 Like

do you know the xact chemicals that cause medusa?

1 Like

]

@SolventDirect I’m sure a bunch of us would like to watch this. Link?

3 Likes

Symposium on Contaminants in the Cannabis and Hemp Industry and Their Impact on Consumer Safety.

3 Likes

can someone record this, not spending $125 to essentially hear bayer talk about how roundup is bad for people and what should be done about it

4 Likes

We are giving away one free registration to whoever reposts and tags extractors the most on ig.

The benzene is a common culprit when using store bought solvents like iso or alcohol for cleaning. You need pure solvents, the cleaning agents often are topical safe but the limits for contaminants and other molecules present is wildly lax.

so is it:
isobutane, neopentane, ammonia, amines, diethylamine, methanol?

2 Likes

We have specific information on what we think is causing Medusa. Hit us up in the DM, and I can send you some literature and Q&A from extractors and answered by our chemist at the manufacturing plant.