Benefits/drawbacks of living soil vs. salt-based setup for hash production?

I think perhaps a typo is making it challenging to clearly understand your question. Help me out

1 Like

Holy typo indeed.

Should read: the total THC and terpene %

For example, we have had multiple strains all wash to 5-6% 73-159u. The rosin from the various bubble varies in its THC content and terpene content. If we take the same wet weight from the same sq ft on two different strains, and one has lower THC, but washed higher than the one that has higher THCā€¦ what is in the rosin thatā€™s creating that content/weight but isnā€™t THC/Cannabinoids?

So, does the difference in potency and weight vary more as the wash numbers increase, vary less, or stay the same?

Just another example incase Iā€™m getting lost in the weeds lol. Dual OG washed to 4.5% for us one time and 6% two harvests later. The 4.5% run was 5-6% more potent in THC. So rosin was better but less of it.

When we do achieve higher %'s to rosin I feel like I see some dilution in cannabinoid content, even though press #'s are high too. I get yield dilution but this particular conundrum is one that has always twirled in my brain and it seems you may have some data to compare mine too to try and figure out 'yield dilution" when compared to rosin per sq ft and then further the content per gram per sq ft.

4 Likes

this isnā€™t really true.

With organics you need to control a biome and the organic material to even make bioavailable foods. The soil isnā€™t enough for the plants to uptake nutrients.

2 Likes

Great post. Let me thoroughly process and respond over the course of the next day or 2. Iā€™m on the road currently.

4 Likes

Sive Drafely!

1 Like

I do record all my yields from biomass to 90u and 45u bubble bag collections, the returns from both above to rosin, and then the total yield from biomass to rosin.

If youā€™d like to compare notes DM me. Iā€™ve got a few questions for you too @BananaBannabis

I think I have 70+ strains worth of data since January alone

5 Likes

I think you have to message me first it says that your account is private and hidden.

So do we. 3 years of spreadsheets of washes going on 4th lol. Data drives decisions around here!

2 Likes